hi I got my blackberry curve 8310 a few days ago and i havent been ... General Blackberry forum

xblondyhelenx no está en línea Stack level 1

can't make or recieve calls please help

Advertisement

hi

I got my blackberry curve 8310 a few days ago and i havent been able to make or recieve calls. When trying to ring out it doesnt make a sound and stops tryin to call after a few seconds. When tryin to recieve a call it rings once then says missed call. I have tried three different sim cards in the phone and the same thing happens. I can recieve and send sms and emails and browse the internet. Any ideas on how to fix the problem.

thanks
    helen.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Helen,

Did you purchase the device from your carrier? Kind of sounds like they've activated the data plan, but not the voice plan. Do you get any sort of error when attempting to place calls?

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And if you have activated the voice plan try a battery pull

xblondyhelenx no está en línea Stack level 1
    The sim card works because i tried it in another phone was wondering whether it could be anything to do with call blocking or fixed dialing it says try turning these off in the instruction manual but seeing as its my first blackberry phone i haven't a clue how to turn them off if they are on.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I know that you can block texts and such by going to options»security options»firewall. See if maybe you can unblock calls there