If i try to install the blackberry desktop software on to my computer (running on ... General Blackberry forum

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

Can't download blackberry desktop software

Advertisement

If i try to install the blackberry desktop software on to my computer (running on vista) a box pops up that says: To continue this action type in an admin password and hit ok. I have not set any password for this computer and have tried everything i can think of. Maybe there is a default vista password for this that i do not know about? any ideas?? all help is appreciated in advance

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    There is an "Administrator" account... and Vista's Access Control requires it for many installations. If it is blank, it might not work for such a "RunAs" mode -- but it does
    work for logging in.

On booting, try to get a classical login screen, that allows you to type in username and password. Control-Alt-Delete, possibly twice, might do it.

If you have a Home version, it could be there is an "Owner" account that also has
    admin status.

Once in, go to User Accounts and set a password.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    so are you saying that if i press control alt delete while the comp is booting up that a screen will pop up? if so will i be able to set the password??

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    When you get the Vista login screen, yes. I haven't tried it, since on my Vista
    machines I always create admin and limited accounts up front... but that is the way
    it was with prior versions of Windows, so I imagine it still works.

If it doesn't, let me know and I'll look into it.