Ok I received an email msg and not for the hell of it can I ... General Blackberry forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Can't Delete received email...

Advertisement

Ok I received an email msg and not for the hell of it can I get it off my BB..I tried battery pull, SIM card removal, DM delete of all old emails...I tried delete it from the bb and the email is just stuck there..I think I saw a post about it somewhere on PS but was not able to locate...anyone with ideas??? Thanks
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Can't Delete received email...

Did you get this sorted yet?

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    Ok I received an email msg and not for the hell of it can I get it off my BB..I tried battery pull, SIM card removal, DM delete of all old emails...I tried delete it from the bb and the email is just stuck there..I think I saw a post about it somewhere on PS but was not able to locate...anyone with ideas??? Thanks
    Found this information:

It seems we have a work around for this issue:

Connect the Blackberry with the USB cable to the PC.
    Open the Desktop Manager.
    Choose Backup and Restore.
    Choose Advanced
    You will see 2 rows. Left is the Desktop Manager, right is the Blackberry.
    On the right side, choose for messages and click on the arrow to the left.
    Choose for Close. Now an message will appear to create a backup, choose YES.
    Choose again for Advanced. Select on the right side Messages and choose CLEAR and click on REFRESH. And again CLOSE.
    Open once again Advanced and select Messages on the left side. Click on the arrow to the left. Now all the messages will be placed back on the Blackberry.

Let me know if it helps or works!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Ok will have a go at it later today to see if that works...Thanks!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

isc7313 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203c3227

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Found this information:

It seems we have a work around for this issue:

Connect the Blackberry with the USB cable to the PC.
    Open the Desktop Manager.
    Choose Backup and Restore.
    Choose Advanced
    You will see 2 rows. Left is the Desktop Manager, right is the Blackberry.
    On the right side, choose for messages and click on the arrow to the left.
    Choose for Close. Now an message will appear to create a backup, choose YES.
    Choose again for Advanced. Select on the right side Messages and choose CLEAR and click on REFRESH. And again CLOSE.
    Open once again Advanced and select Messages on the left side. Click on the arrow to the left. Now all the messages will be placed back on the Blackberry.

Let me know if it helps or works!
    8100, BES, Notes

Our users do not have DM, only wireless sync via BES. However I have DM on my PC. Can I use my USB and DM with his 8100 to follow above instructions? Or is there a BES solution?
    Last edited by isc7313; 06-01-2007 at 10:02 AM.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I had this happen this morning, had to wipe the device and then reactivate it with Enterprise Activation. This cleared the problem but it is still a pain. Also this only sends down new emails and not old ones.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The Backup utility is the easiest solution (refer to RIM's knowledgebase for other options to resolve this issue) but it does require DM.

You can use DM on any PC but you do have to be careful because if you're on a BES it will try to switch you to the BB you're connecting to your own PC and you can mess up the service books on the BB you're connecting.

If your users' PC's don't have DM then it's probably best to perform an Internet/BIS install of DM on another PC to do this for them as the Internet/BIS install won't try to push the BES service books.

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    I had this happen this morning, had to wipe the device and then reactivate it with Enterprise Activation. This cleared the problem but it is still a pain. Also this only sends down new emails and not old ones.
    Again, I suggest using the Advanced Backup method if you want to keep your old mail. BB's don't sync email so you'll only get new email if you end up wiping the BB.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-07-2007 at 12:12 PM.

shelfman no está en línea Stack level 1

Had same problem. Msbrenda method worked for me.

dawsocj no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, the method worked for me too. Just use the Blackberry Desktop manager to backup just the messages, clear the messages on the phone, then restore the messages back - took 2 minutes and now my messages can be deleted.. Amazing isn't it that a production phone can have these basic problems... Did they not test it? I have to reboot my phone every 2 weeks to stop the memory leak also which deletes ALL messages and call logs.. Lucky for RIM that this is such a good phone when it's working!

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2

Not sure if you're on Notes or not, but when a user gets their local mail client upgraded to a newer client with a different set of mail templates this is typically what happens. We had the same problem when we upgraded all of our mac clients from 6.5 to 7, all of their emails on the device turned in to the little folders (meaning it didn't change the templates on the device, or something like that).