Hi guys, So I got my new Storm 2 today, still waiting on my unlock ... General Blackberry forum

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2

Cannot upgrade OS software on Storm 2

Advertisement

Hi guys,

So I got my new Storm 2 today, still waiting on my unlock code to come, but in the meantime i wanted to upgrade my OS to .428 (320 is what it came with)

I downloaded and installed .428 without any problems first try, but realized as it finished i forgot to erase the 'Vendor.xml' file. So I deleted the file and went to re-install .428. When i went to upgrade again DM told me that no software upgrade was needed for the phone, and it wouldn't let me do it. So I down graded back to .320. After that I tried to upgrade to .428 again, but once again DM tells me I don't need a software upgrade.

This is really frustrating me...

Is there a way to get around this message and upgrade anyways?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Uninstall 320 from ur computer and try. ( I would just uninstall, wipe with bbsak and do a fresh install) bbsak deletes the vendor file automatically.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Weird that it let you and now won't. The reason for deleting the vendor .xml is usually to get the DM to allow the upgrade, if you had successfully installed it without deleting that there was no need to downgrade again to remove it. But to help you get it loaded on your BB again try hooking up your BB and going to C://Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader and run the Loader from there, bypassing using the DM. The newer versions of the DM usually check the internet for updates and often will say there are none if you have the latest for your carrier already on your device. Be sure the .428 version is installed/run on your computer as well. Another option would be to disconnect your computer from the internet before you hook up your BB to the DM so it can't check to see if you have the latest version for your carrier.

Let us know if you need more help and how it works out for you.....congrats on the new Storm2 btw
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thank you for the ideas!

I have to run out right now, but I will try these tonight.

I'm also having problems entering the unlock codes i received today. I made another thread about those, if you have a chance to check it out and have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks Again!
    Shane

PIN/ID
    Apple
    use bbsak. Best program IMO to wipe and load OS and to mess with some other things as well.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

I used BBSAK and that did the trick! Thanks for the help....

But my Storm 2 still doesn't give me the option to "Enter Network MEP Code" after I type in MEP2. I was hoping installing .428 would solve this, but alas I'm still stuck with a non-working storm 2