Is there a tool that can be used to upgrade multiple Blackberry Device operating systems ... General Blackberry forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Can you upgrade multiple BB's Simultaneously?

Advertisement

Is there a tool that can be used to upgrade multiple Blackberry Device operating systems at the same time? For example, I've read that I can hook up 8 usb BB devices to a usb hub and I would be able to simultaneously update, say 8 7290's with 4.0 software to 4.1.

I've read it was a tool that is supposed to be packaged with the BES software possibly called the "handheld management guide" but haven't really found any other information on it. Does anyone know of a tool like this or have any other information or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks for your time - :cry:

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Can you upgrade multiple BB's Simultaneously?

I wouldn't do that even if possible 'cause those BB already have different setting and DM is not designed to back up all the BB at the same time so I think you would just ruined up 8 BB's in one time :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Plus BB's don't like going thru USB hubs, or Laptop Docking Stations

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

supposedly yes yo ucan do it using the handheld management section of bes 4.1, but i've always had reservations given the lack of power etc.. you generally get from usb hubs.

You can also setup a s/w configuration and just 'apply' that rather than having to go pick the options you want each to you load the O/S. You probably knew that though.
    Miles.