Is there a Blackberry available that will allow you to view normal web pages rather ... General Blackberry forum

tim2223 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you browse normal web pages on a BB

Advertisement

Is there a Blackberry available that will allow you to view normal web pages rather than just sites that have a PDA etc site ?
    Tim

What I mean by that is HTML web pages not coded for use with a phone.

Tim

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Tim Does your 8110 have OS 4.5? if not consider upgrading, it will help but is not neccesary.

You can view almost any webpage, by doing 1 of 2 things..

Change your emulation mode in your browser, in options while in the browser, this will help with some pages.

With other pages, you can download Opera Mini, which is a browser, that uses a server to render pages for your viewing.. www.mini.opera.com if your on your phone or http://www.opera.com/mini/download/ on your PC.

Couple of things to note, Flash websites, will not work.. Some forms I have found not to work, on one or the other method, and some javascript extensive sites, wont render correctly.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Thanks,

I was considering getting a curve or a bold for my wife and wondered if they were any different with regard to browsing as she needs to log into sites while away from the office to place orders.

I simply cannot get the 8110 to log into the main site, when I first clicked it I was told to enable Java script which I did but now when I get to the log in screen and click log in it does absolutely nothing at all ! Simply won't connect.

I was trying to avoid getting a netbook so hoped a BB curve or bold might let her access these 3 sites.

Tim

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    The click log in, sounds like its not seeing it as a button... on a form, i have had that same problem. Seriously load Opera, and try it
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Thanks opera is great and took me right in but now some other things are not displaying, I need to play around a bit with it.
    Thanks again !

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    The click log in, sounds like its not seeing it as a button... on a form, i have had that same problem. Seriously load Opera, and try it
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~