Hi guys.. no0b here.. I work for a small VoIP company and I was thinking ... General Blackberry forum

nando3o5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I use/install VoIP softphone software in a BB?

Advertisement

Hi guys.. no0b here..

I work for a small VoIP company and I was thinking to get a Blackberry (possible Pearl 8100). I would like to install VoIP softphone software in the Blackberry (like i have in my laptop) and then call thru that and just pay for $29.99 T-mobile Unlimited Internet plan. Does anyone know if this is possible? Is there any Blackberry 3rd party softphone software out there? Ive tried to search but no luck so Im asking here.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Can I use/install VoIP softphone software in a BB?

Hi Nando,

Welcome to Pinstack

I was in BB Downloads earlier and found VOIP download here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s.html?catid=3

I'm not sure how this works, what phone it works with, etc, so let us know if this is what you're looking for.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I think its possible. i mean a download to MINO voip is posted in blackberry downloads so it seems like you can. now I dont know if its strictly data usage or your minutes get charged. I think the website for MINO www.minowireless.com if not just google it.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Wow. I can't imagine using VOIP over EDGE or GRPS with the slow data speeds and high latency.

yellowone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6E30E

hmm well believe it. Ipaq users have been using this softphone connection for some time. MINO is a closed pay service so what the original question was referring to was more of an open solution.

Hence this,

Setup an Asterisk (or alike) system @ homt. Connect via a browser/softphone (which would be data) and place a call (technically from home/server) to regular phone user wherever. Charges to your BB would be data only (T-Mo is unlimited).

I love my BB (7100 & 8100) but it seems as if the development community doesn't go out on limbs with creative ideas for BB's or maybe it's just not possible. Heck I'm just a network guy not a programmer so it's not my expertise.

Bye For Now

yellowone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6E30E

just found webmessenger mobile fr skype...wish i would have seen it last year when skype out minutes were free