Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by archer6 For Clarification, there is a Bold already operating on T-Mobile. I ... General Blackberry forum

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For Clarification, there is a Bold already operating on T-Mobile.

I forgot all about it while posting here as I was thinking that we were discussing T-Mobile in the USA. As I mentioned The 3G T-Mobile (USA) network runs on 1700 MHz. This is not the mainstream 3G standard. IT's something that is proprietary to T-Mobile USA only, if RIM were to produce a 1700 MHz Bold their market would be severely limited as the only carrier which it would work on is T-Mo USA. That's why I do not expect that to happen anytime soon.

Below, you will find the 3G network specs that T-Mobile uses in Germany. As you can see, there is no 1700Mhz band. The standard Germany runs on is the World Wide 3G Standard as I mentioned in my earlier post. Thus the phone at the DNC convention was the German model.

UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 Mhz)
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 Mhz)
    Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
    Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

Thank for the info.

I spoke to my buddy, he works for T-mo. He told me to expect the 8900 around April next year. The corporate boys are a little slow approving the device to come to the Tmo market.

For some reason they allow the Samsung Behold(3g) "aka" Tacco, and the G1; but are turning down the heavy hitters like the Bold, and Strom.

If it wasn't for their data plan being less than ATT, Verizon, and sprint; I would have left.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

animalpop no está en línea Stack level 2
    Planneau, if you have a my faves plan, go to Tmo's site and edit your current faves, move them one position in placement or change capitalization, but then the new service books will be sent to your phone. Discovered this trick on my pearl after upgrading to 4.5 OS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12