this is my 2nd 8100 Pearl that is currently useless because I cannot re-charge the ... General Blackberry forum

gypsytales no está en línea Stack level 2

Can The Bat.charger Port Be Repaired?

Advertisement

this is my 2nd 8100 Pearl that is currently useless because I cannot re-charge the battery and both times it involved the connection port where you plug the charger cable to the handheld (car charger in particular). First, the tip of my car charger had apparently started to collect rust which was then transferred to the plug-in port of the handheld. Neither had been dropped in water but obviously moisture and humidity inside/outside the car were the cause. I took the handheld to a T-Mobile Store and was informed both in person and over the phone that basically my handheld is rendered useless and cannot be repaired and I have to get a new one. I also asked a few buddies w/ BB Pearls and they also confirmed that there's nothing much that can be done in this case.

My 2nd BB 8100 suffered a similar fate when my 3yr old inserted an object other than a car charger into the port, literally breaking it apart from the handheld, thus making it useless because it can't be charged.. i used to exchange a dead battery for a full one w/ my girlfriend or some friends but it got too complicated so right now I'm BlackBerry-less because I can't charge the phone.

MY QUESTION: can the port be replaced/repaired or if it is once broken, the device is rendered obsolete?!

ANY ADVICE? if you've experienced similar issues- what happened?

any input would be greatly appreciated because i'm suffering from major
    BB-withdrawals and now that i'm thoroughly addicted, I'm on the verge of purchasing a third one. That would mean that I'd have to risk life and limb because if my family found out- i'd be rendered obsolete as well. im using a TMobile Shadow right now.. It's OK but it ain't a BB, that's for sure

Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    They charge $80 to do it, plus shipping, but it can be repaired. There may be other places that do it too, try google and see what you come up with. But check this out for a start:
    http://www.bbrepairshop.com/repair-8100.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Wow that is a pain, there are a couple options. One is http://www.bbrepairshop.com/repair-8100.html they say 79.99 for USB repair. the other and cheaper option, if you are not worried about Syning, would be to get a charger that just charges the battery. Try http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...category_id=44
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good idea about the separate battery charger pdatech......I have one for my extra battery but didn't think of mentioning that! Duh! But the lack of use of the desktop manager would make me cough up the repair $ if I had to.

Either way.....that stinks!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gypsytales no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks everybody.. great info!

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Good idea about the separate battery charger pdatech......I have one for my extra battery but didn't think of mentioning that! Duh! But the lack of use of the desktop manager would make me cough up the repair $ if I had to.

Either way.....that stinks!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~