wondering b/c i would love to encourage people to send messages to my PIN instead ... General Blackberry forum

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3

Can someone send me a message to my PIN without having Blackberry?

Advertisement

wondering b/c i would love to encourage people to send messages to my PIN instead of text.

i hate paying extra for texts, so if there is a way id love to know. thanks guys.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

is it secure? is there a way they can send a text from their cellphone to 266632@blackberry.net and have it go through?

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Depends on how the carrier has their backend set up. On TMO, they can send a text via email to my phone #@tmomail.net. or a seperate name I have set up on mytmobile. there's a complete carrier listing here http://www.sms411.net/2006/07/how-to-send-email-to-phone.html
    PIN to PIN is basically blackberry only, with the exception of the site in the previous post. Most phones and carriers can send SMS direct to email also, simply give them the email address associated with your blackberry, if their carrier allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by csa819 View Post
    Depends on how the carrier has their backend set up. On TMO, they can send a text via email to my phone #@tmomail.net. or a seperate name I have set up on mytmobile. there's a complete carrier listing here http://www.sms411.net/2006/07/how-to-send-email-to-phone.html
    PIN to PIN is basically blackberry only, with the exception of the site in the previous post. Most phones and carriers can send SMS direct to email also, simply give them the email address associated with your blackberry, if their carrier allows it.
    ya i have tmobile and i am trying to avoid the costs of text messages. gf likes to go crazy with the txts on me.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshka View Post
    ya i have tmobile and i am trying to avoid the costs of text messages. gf likes to go crazy with the txts on me.

If you have only one gf you are lucky

Don't know mate I think it is exclusively for blackberry family facility.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshka View Post
    is it secure? is there a way they can send a text from their cellphone to 266632@blackberry.net and have it go through?
    PIN to PIN messages are not encrypted and transmit in plaintext, allowing anyone who intercepts them to read them. While this is a remote possibility, you should keep it in mind and not send sensitive information in a PIN to PIN message.