In my new Blackberry 8820, I notice in the basic phone screen that it shows ... General Blackberry forum

budh no está en línea Stack level 2

Can I prevent dialed phone numbers in the main phone screen?

Advertisement

In my new Blackberry 8820, I notice in the basic phone screen that it shows "My Number" and it also shows the last recent calls made/dialed in the lower half of the screen.

I don't mind MY telephone number being there (and I think there is an option to remove it), but I do NOT want the most recently dialed telephone numbers in such plain view. Is there any way to keep the most recently dialed numbers off the main phone screen?

I suspect this is true for most or all modern Blackberry's such as the Pearl and Curve, also.

(Preferably, the dialed calls, missed calls, and received calls would all be viewable in logs, but only with some digging and keystrokes, and not easily viewable from a main screen.)

Bud H

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

Re: Can I prevent dialed phone numbers in the main phone screen?

hmm i dont know my 8830 doesnt do that...
    Check out my art at http://slater101.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by budh View Post
    In my new Blackberry 8820, I notice in the basic phone screen that it shows "My Number" and it also shows the last recent calls made/dialed in the lower half of the screen.

I don't mind MY telephone number being there (and I think there is an option to remove it), but I do NOT want the most recently dialed telephone numbers in such plain view. Is there any way to keep the most recently dialed numbers off the main phone screen?

I suspect this is true for most or all modern Blackberry's such as the Pearl and Curve, also.

(Preferably, the dialed calls, missed calls, and received calls would all be viewable in logs, but only with some digging and keystrokes, and not easily viewable from a main screen.)

Bud H
    You're stuck with it, sorry - but you can make it a little easier by changing the list to "Names". Go to "Call Log" and open the menu, choose Options>General Options>Phone List View and choose Name. Whenever you make or receive a call, you can then simply delete the dialed number from the screen by pressing "Del" and confirming, and the screen will be blank without disturbing the contents of the call log.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

If I'm not mistaken you can use Autolock which is found here: http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

When this app in enabled you cannot view any call logs and access any feature in your bb w/o first inputting a password.