Aloha. I have a concern. Can anyone tell me if I can use a ATT ... General Blackberry forum

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648

can i use an ATT bb with tmo?

Advertisement

Aloha. I have a concern. Can anyone tell me if I can use a ATT bb with tmo? My daughther lost hers n my friend is giving me one that she has. I want to know be4 I take it n if I can use it do I need to unlock it? Plz let me know.

Juls3412 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You need to get it unlocked before it will work with ATT.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    You need the Subscriber Unlock code from AT&T. Usually free for the asking if you're a customer in good standing. There are outfits that charge a fee to generate an unlock code for you. Beware that the phone will lockup/brick after 10 unsuccessful attempts to enter an unlock code.

After the phone is unlocked you can acquire a SIM card from Tmobile if you wish to use the Tmobile network or any other GSM based phone service. As an added bonus if you travel overseas you can buy a local SIM card in your local destination and have a local phone number and pay local phone rates.

PIN/ID
    2896B648
    Thx. But where can I get the unlock code. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tvwebguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    If your currently an ATT customer, you can simply call them and let them know that you'll traveling to Asia and you need your phone unlocked. They will most likely give you the code over the phone.

PIN/ID
    2896B648
    But maybe u guys got me wrong. I'm a tmo customer but the phone I have is a pearl from ATT. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    One way or another, from Tmo or from some 3rd party unlock code vendor you need the unlock code to free the phone from it's subscriber lock to Tmo.

If you're a Tmo customer in good standing a great start would be to ask/request the unlock code from Tmo.

http://www.google.com/search?q=blackberry+unlock+codes

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by sorash@aol.com View Post
    Aloha. I have a concern. Can anyone tell me if I can use a ATT bb with tmo? I want to know be4 I take it n if I can use it do I need to unlock it? Plz let me know.
    Yes since you have an account with T-Mobile you will be able to use the AT&T BlackBerry once you have it unlocked. Since you are not an AT&T customer they will not help you. However if you search with Google, for BlackBerry unlock service or BlackBerry unlock codes you will find companies that will charge you a small fee & provide you with the unlock code. Once unlocked you are set.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

rone no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes, I am currently using an ATT 8310 on my TMO account. I got an unlock code from a 3rd party for about $15. It has worked fine for me.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by rone View Post
    Yes, I am currently using an ATT 8310 on my TMO account. I got an unlock code from a 3rd party for about $15. It has worked fine for me.
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to post a link, or some information, to the service you used, that way there will be an easy way for our new member to get it done.

Thanks...