Hi, I use my blackberry for work and home, I manually change the filter every ... General Blackberry forum

jmelhuish no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I stop emails on Weekends?

Advertisement

Hi, I use my blackberry for work and home, I manually change the filter every friday night to stop work emails being sent to my phone. Is there a way this can be done automatically, like the timed turn on and off fuction on the phone.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well you could choose the 'phone only' profile and then that would stop all email, but it would stop all data services to your phone while off. Not sure if that is what you want.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    You could make a custom profile in your ringer setting to not notify you of new email. Then activate that over the weekend and it will only ring when you get a phone call...

Hope that helps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I am pretty sure the "Phone Only" profile just makes it so the only notifications you get are for calls. I don't think it prevents the receipt of email messages.

There is no way to automatically turn off email at a certain time though, but you can go into the Manage Connections tool and set it to Data Off, and then you won't get any email. You won't be able to use the web, or send/receive personal emails either though.
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    jus turn off data
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    and tell people to not email you on the weekends. or set up and auto reply with your hours you will be taking email.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Simpelest way is to turn of data!
    If that is not possible, seperte your mail box into seperate two for sms and email, and as soon as weekend hits, turn of email notofication and hide the email mailbox! That is the most effective way I see to do it.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post
    Simpelest way is to turn of data!
    If that is not possible, seperte your mail box into seperate two for sms and email, and as soon as weekend hits, turn of email notofication and hide the email mailbox! That is the most effective way I see to do it.

very nice work around
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.