Can I stop Emails from going to Messages Folder? I would like only text messages ... General Blackberry forum

threinen no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can I stop Emails from going to Messages Folder?

Advertisement

Can I stop Emails from going to Messages Folder? I would like only text messages to go into the messages folder. Is this possible?

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

Re: Can I stop Emails from going to Messages Folder?

OMG I was thinking the same thing......
    Deucedst

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

With some version of the Zen theme and possible the today themes, there is a filter Icon that shows only the SMS and I believe the MMS Messages. All other themes will have all messages go to the Message List. Remember these are not folders. For further information concerning the Messages Icons, see my post that is linked (Understanding . . . ) in my Sig.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

threinen no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Can I stop Emails from going to Messages Folder?

Where would I find the Zen theme? I couldn't find it under the downloads.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

That one, someone else is going to have to answer. I got it when i downloaded a newer version of software for my 8700c from another carrier.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

But if you don't want email in the Messages list, where do you want them?

You could turn off email delivery. Then you wouldn't have emails in the Messages list.

The Zen theme comes installed on new BB's (8700 and 7130).

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

The Zen theme wasnt installed on my 8700, I got it from a friend.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Some OS versions lock the ZEN on specific Carriers. Check the How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes thread for instructions on getting hidden themes. Remember Earilier versions of the 4.1.x.xxx OS (Cingulars in particular) don't have the Zen theme incorporated.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

s2k_roar no está en línea Stack level 1

I think I am having the same issue as the op. When I receive an email, my pearl alerts me of an email and a sms message. And the sms is the same as the email, I just want the email to go to my email, not my messages as well. I think this was an option when you set up the email, and I foolishly selected it.

lsnipan no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same question. Am I to understand that you CANNOT seperate text messages from email messages? I have 3 mailboxes. The first one is my business email, the second one is my personal email, the third just says "messages" and dumps all my mail from both accounts...including text messages...into that mailbox. Is there no way to seperate the three....or more importantly..... just seperate the text messages from everything else since the email accounts have their own seperate mailboxes in addition to going to the "main" message box?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

All messages (all email, SMS, MMS, PIN etc) arrive in Messages. The only exceptions are certain versions of the Zen theme that create a separate SMS/MMS icon and 4.2 devices that allow you to separate SMS/MMS (see Messages->Options->General Options).

If this bothers you, then check into setting up Searches on your BB. If you don't feel comfortable poking around or don't understand there are a number of threads that detail how to do this. Once you have a search set up to filter email so you can view messages from a specific account you can bind the search to an alt-hotkey combo.

That's as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by s2k_roar
    I think I am having the same issue as the op. When I receive an email, my pearl alerts me of an email and a sms message. And the sms is the same as the email, I just want the email to go to my email, not my messages as well. I think this was an option when you set up the email, and I foolishly selected it.
    How do you know that the other message is an SMS? I'm asking because it's a common misconception among those new to the BB that Messages is an SMS inbox. That's not the case. As I said, all incoming messages will show up in Messages. Your account-specific icons are just filtered views. If you delete email from the account icon the email will be gone from Messages as well.

FYI - an SMS will have a slanted envelope icon and if you scroll into the headers it will not have any email headers -- just the number of the sender.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-15-2007 at 10:45 AM.