Hi, I've got a Pearl 8100 and a little dock for it, which is connected ... General Blackberry forum

andy_zot no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I stop email when docked?

Advertisement

Hi, I've got a Pearl 8100 and a little dock for it, which is connected to my PC...of course.
    When I'm sitting at my PC my email comes into Outlook and I deal with it accordingly but at the moment the mail will go straight to my Pearl as well. Is there anyway of stopping mail going to my docked Pearl as there is no point in this.
    I'm pretty sure this can be done with BES and the little app that syncs with Outlook but I'm using BIS.
    Any ideas please?
    Thx

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Can I stop email when docked?

The only way that I have heard of is by makign sure that Outlook checks the server frequently and does not leave a copy of the message on the server.

Zo

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Can I stop email when docked?

Yes, there's a checkbox in Desktop Manager if you're on BES. It's in the same area as the filters. I don't currently have DM loaded so I can't give you step-by-step instructions.

However, this isn't an option at all with BIS. Best best for BIS users is to block email with the firewall when you don't want mail delivered.