I was just recently issued a Blackberry 7250 at my workplace. This unit automatically keeps ... General Blackberry forum

Paul_G no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can I Import a Ringtone Without the Desktop Software?

Advertisement

I was just recently issued a Blackberry 7250 at my workplace. This unit automatically keeps all of my MS Outlook data synchronized (I believe one of our IT guys said that our Exchange server is on an 'Enterprise' or something like that).

Anyway, I've downloaded a midi file that is suppose to work for the 7250 but I have no idea how to install it. From browsing through some of the forum duscussions, I get the impression that there is some type of utility desktop software that can be used for BB management however we were not given any type of software for our office computers whatsoever. (Basically I was just given the BB and told "It will keep itself synchronized, now go away and have fun.") Looking under 'About' on the BB, I see the following:

BlackBerry 7250
    Wireless Handheld
    V4.0.0.204 (Platform 2.0.0.28)

Is there anyway to install this midi file as a ringtone 'over the air'? What about themes?

Thank you,
    Paul (Crackberry Newbie)

RyanDarilek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400DE1A4

Re: Can I Import a Ringtone Without the Desktop Software?

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Paul... The ringtone issue I am not too sure about. I would recomend searching exsisting forums for the ringtone stuff. As far as themes... In order to do the whole theme thing you need to upgrade to version 4.1(at blackbeerys' website) also see other threads on themes to get step by step instructions from some of these "pro" members.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Paul, you're on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server using Microsoft Exchange.

You will need to upgrade your BB OS to 4.1 to get the themes (there is a set of limited themes for the 4.0 OS but it is suggested that you upgrade for more variety). Here's how to do that http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=929 Get the Desktop Manager first before upgrading the OS because the Desktop Manager will attempt to look for the OS upgrade after you have installed it onto your PC. There is a PINstacker here, Ozrial, who is a PRO at themes so he can help you.

You should be able to get help with your ringtones here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.php

If you have BlackBerry Messenger, you can send me a PIN and I will help you go through the upgrade process (takes about 20 minutes). PIN me at 23cf4be6. If you don't have that, get it here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds.php?catid=3 It's the 4th option from the top called "BlackBerry Messenger."

Another download you will want is the WAP version of this site which you can get here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=3&linkid=109 You can post questions, comments, etc directly from your BlackBerry. Just log in with the same username and password you use for your desktop account.

Welcome to BlackBerry World and Pinstack. Enjoy the ride because you will become addicted to your BlackBerry once it's up and running.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-05-2006 at 01:35 PM.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Hey Paul,
    Here is a quick example of what you can do to try and download the midi file if you find a website that his a midi file on it.
    I will be doing a step by step tutorial in a bit, and will give you that link also.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...80&postcount=1

Paul_G no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your suggestion. I have given it a try but when I click on the link in my email (on my BB) as opposed to the music player you reference in your instructions, the BB browser opens and I get 'HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser. Please try loading a different page.'

Any further thoughts?

Thanks again!
    Paul

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

I have the same damn problem. I just added a corp BES to my BB this past week to push my corp email to MY Blackberry. I think it has something to do with the IT policy. Now I cant load 3rd party apps! Man I am PI**ED off!!!!!!!!!!!! Not like the company owns this, I DO!!!!!!!!
    I emailed them to see if this policy can be removed, and will update when I get a response Monday. Any other suggestions from anyone?
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Right now I am drunk to be honest and surfing these posts. I will try and find out tomorrow morning. I don't know much about BES (prob cause I don't use it) but I will try and find out what the deal is. There has to be something that is blocking ur ability to download via web from ur BES admin is my best guess. But then again. Like I said, I am buzzed right now. Wait till I am sober in the morning (and I have a parade to organize cars in. Woo hoo!) Anyways, I will post more tomorrow since it already took me 15 minutes to write and go back and edit all this so that it makes sense.

(Don't worry jules, I'm on tha motha).
    Any pulp fiction fans?