Hello folks. I want to get a tethering plan from TMo. Being as they offer ... General Blackberry forum

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

Can I get tethering from TMo and no voice plan?

Advertisement

Hello folks. I want to get a tethering plan from TMo. Being as they offer the plan for 20. Is it possible to get it from them and not a voice plan?

Another thing. Is tethering possible with linux? Thanks.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Not sure on tethering with Linux, but as for the data plan with out voice the base price is higher the the 20 plan, the plan for 20 is an add on to and existing Voice line. The base plan with no voice, or voice by the minute is 39.99
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can tether under Windows with the $40 "blackberry only" plan (I've done it back when I had just the berry plan). But as far as using Linux goes, I haven't been able to do that since tethering requires the use of the desktop manager. I even tried using WINE, but with no luck. Believe me, I wish someone could figure that out since I have an EEE pc which runs Linux and would love to be able to tether it! :-)

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PS to above...I can tether my Nokia N810, which runs Maemo Linux and uses the bluetooth connection to do this. But no luck trying the same with another Linux and bluetooth. Go figure! Not sure why the N810 can and not the others.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29