My carrier (Cellular ONE of East Texas) doesnt offer a BB data plan. Is it ... General Blackberry forum

jdub71 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can I get a BB data plan?

Advertisement

My carrier (Cellular ONE of East Texas) doesnt offer a BB data plan. Is it possible to have their phone and sms service and at the same time get a BIS from Cingular/ATT? Both have service in my area, but CellONE has better coverage since the switchover to ATT.

Sorry for the newb question, but frustration is setting in. Internet works on Opera, mail accounts come in to Mail by Google, but I'm still lacking without the BB data plan. Thanks!

richardtalbotuk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20219BF8

Re: Can I get a BB data plan?

Hi

I thought Cellular One did a BB plan?

Anyway the basic answer to your question is no.

To run two plans you will need two SIM chips and keep swapping them about - one for Cing and one for Cellular One or buy a twin SIM adapter so you can have two in the same handset.

It's messy though as you either have to keep swapping them or turning the handset off and on.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

that don't sound like much fun, I would go with one service and what is cell one selling bb's for if they don't have a bb plan

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by richardtalbotuk
    I thought Cellular One did a BB plan?
    OP's carrier is Cellular One of East Texas which isn't quite the same as Cellular One.
    http://www.celloneet.com versus http://www.celloneusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by richardtalbotuk
    To run two plans you will need two SIM chips and keep swapping them about - one for Cing and one for Cellular One or buy a twin SIM adapter so you can have two in the same handset.

It's messy though as you either have to keep swapping them or turning the handset off and on.
    It would also be completely pointless as you wouldn't get any BB email or data with the Cellular One SIM active and you couldn't place or receive calls with the at&t SIM active.

Quote Originally Posted by the hippie
    what is cell one selling bb's for if they don't have a bb plan
    They don't sell BB's:
    http://www.celloneet.com/site/phones/
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-11-2007 at 12:25 PM.

jdub71 no está en línea Stack level 2

As i suspected. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll stick with my carrier because having the phone service is more important than what i'm missing with the bb data plan. Maybe they'll line up with the rest of cell one and start offering bb plans soon.
    Thanks again.