Since I am unable to use desktop manager, I was wondering if I could email ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Can I email an app to my Blackberry?

Advertisement

Since I am unable to use desktop manager, I was wondering if I could email an application my my BB and lauch/install it that way. Is this possible?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Can I email an app to my Blackberry?

It should be possible depending on the app. It would be helpful if you posted your bb device/OS info, etc. in your profile so we could help you better. Any reason why you can't use DM?

I have a Sprint 8830 with v4.2.2.123 firmware. I am unable to use DM because I am set up with my work's BES server, and whenever I connect usng DM (at home) it resets my BES settings and I can no longer send/receive email.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Ah. the dreaded IT policy. You might to check and make sure you can se 3rd party apps then. Many companies block that as well, generally for security reasons.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

have you tried using ota 3rd party apps? my friends 8830 through verizon is a company phone. he has jive talk, goodle maps, viigo, and a few others. whats 3rd party app are you trying to download. well see if we can get you an ota

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You cannot install a third party app from an attachment. If your company does not allow the use of desktop manager to install apps on your BB, there is probably an IT policy that prevents OTA installation also.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here's the thing, the phone is mine and I simply connect to my companies BES server for email. I am able to download applications using DM, however when I do it resets my email settings (it tries to associate with an account I am using on my home PC), and then I need to go back to IT and have them re-initialize my device. I know that any applications that use the BES (instead of the "standard" internet) wont work, as I have tried using the built in AIM client without success. Any help can/will be appreciated!

** One program I am really looking to download via OTA is Pacman, so if you know where I can get that it would be great!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Can you do an OTA installation without requiring an Enterprise Activation?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think so, although I havent tried since I didnt see any OTA programs I liked. I already did the Enterprise Activation however, so there is no going back now! Give me an example of an OTA program (small please!) and I will try it and see what happens.

I can confirm that OTA downloads do work on my device. So if someone can help me find an OTA pacman (among others!) that would be great!