Thinking about getting my wife a Pearl for XMas but had a few questions first...We ... General Blackberry forum

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Can I do this?

Advertisement

Thinking about getting my wife a Pearl for XMas but had a few questions first...We have only one PC at home which has my Outlook on it that I use for business purposes is there a way to continue syncing my Curve through my Outlook and her sync the Pearl for her contacts, calendar, tasks and stuff in Outlook Express or some other program that is built in to Windows XP?Hope this makes sense!Thanks in advance,Keith.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: Can I do this?

I think that you can make different 'Profiles' on Microsoft Outlook 2003. I haven't tried it, but I know it is possible.

Sorry I couldn't be more useful.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea you can, just have to configure the sync correctly and you're good to go. The desktop manager will also recognize the different devices.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Yeah, you should be able to set the sync options on the desktop manager to do just that according to each bb device.

PIN/ID
    24A059B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks guys I'm on the road now but have to look at the additional profiles thing in Outlook when I get home I didn't know that was possible I thought I would have to buy a multi user edition like most everything else MS out there.

tntmomma no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey! We have the same issue. Hubby uses Outlook for business and I sync to yahoo for my busy Mom stuff. Good job on the gift. She'll love it!

spikus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317a9127

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i do it and as long as separate profiles are set up its not a problem.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tntmomma View Post
    Hey! We have the same issue. Hubby uses Outlook for business and I sync to yahoo for my busy Mom stuff. Good job on the gift. She'll love it!
    I've been looking for a way to sync my calendar to yahoo or even my google calendar. I couldn't find how to do it. Is it a premium service or can I do it free? Or... Did I just miss something? LOL, I'm wanting to do it OTA.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as I understand it the next iteration of bb os and bis will support thoes features with yahoo and Gmail so we just have to be patient. Lol this why I built my bes server, I'm just lucky I work with MS and have access to the products at a very discounted rate.

PIN/ID
    24A059B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for all the replies! Now let me add part 2 to the question that occured to me today. If I plug a Pearl in to my PC will it want to download my latest Curve OS or will the BB know it is not an OS for it?