Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok. For the last 3 days my BB has been losing it's ability to pick ... General Blackberry forum

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4

Can anyone help my with an error message?

Advertisement

Ok. For the last 3 days my BB has been losing it's ability to pick up a network signal. Around the morning lets say 9-10 AM the phone drops the signal and nothing works to pick it back up, batt pulls, turning the radio off/on, even wiping and re-installing the OS, nothing. Then the signal magically returns hours later in the afternoon, the BB works great until the next morning and this repeats.

Anyway it just hit me to check the error log and this is what i found around the time i lost all sevice:

Name: IOException
    Severity: Severe Error
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498

Local connection timec out after ~ 120000
    com_viigo_connect_commandThread
    Sendcommand

Awww man i can't type anymore! Lol

Can anyone help? In the meantime i'll remove Viigo an see it that helps.

EDIT: Its a 8100 with 4.5.0.102 OS. Thanks
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Removed viigo. The BB has been running for a few minutes and i'm very briefly getting 3 bars with the signal arrows flashing for a fraction of a second then going away, i'm also seeing this other error message:

Name: net.rim.tcp
    Severity: Error
    GUID: 316c1626a9ddc375

TNLf 0.

I messed around with my TCP settings (which is usually blank) cuz i'm always tinkering with my BB could that be it?

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Try removing some app and then reinstalling them.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

Thanks for the reply man. I went as for as rolling back to OS 4.2.0.62 and that didn't help either. I'm upgrading back to 4.5.0.102 right now and i won't add any other apps to see if that helps and put in another carriers SIM see if i can get anything. If not that must mean the phone itself has the issue and....................that.............means..... ..she's..........dead.

WirelessVC no está en línea Stack level 2
    The error message above is Viigo warning you that it can't get a connection due to Radio and/or Other Connectivity issues. Sounds like you have intermittent connectivity .. and that Viigo was warning you about that. As to why? Not sure ...

Quote Originally Posted by WirelessVC View Post
    The error message above is Viigo warning you that it can't get a connection due to Radio and/or Other Connectivity issues. Sounds like you have intermittent connectivity .. and that Viigo was warning you about that. As to why? Not sure ...
    Thanks. I figured it was not Viigo due to the fact i've been using viigo for a good while w/o any problems and i removed it (sucks) and still cannot get a signal.

Ok this is so weird. Under 'mobile network' in options the BB says it's picking up mainly Cingular (which has not been here for years) then C&W for a few seconds (my carrier sim) the network selection is on automatic so only C&W should come up correct? Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

devildogg2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24168E0D

i got the same problem

Just about a day ago i had the same exact problem, but i havent downloaded anything new lately.. except a soft reset program, which i deleted.. am i still cant get any service.. i am using the same OS as the last guy too.. i have been using it for almost a month now, or as soon as it was released anyway and i havent had any problems with it.. did any figure out how to fix this? cause i'm lost, and tech support doesnt have a clue when i called them..

Quote Originally Posted by devildogg2001 View Post
    Just about a day ago i had the same exact problem, but i havent downloaded anything new lately.. except a soft reset program, which i deleted.. am i still cant get any service.. i am using the same OS as the last guy too.. i have been using it for almost a month now, or as soon as it was released anyway and i havent had any problems with it.. did any figure out how to fix this? cause i'm lost, and tech support doesnt have a clue when i called them..
    I downloaded 4.5.0.102 the day it came out for the 8100 as well. You think it's the OS? I doubt it but at this point i don't know what the hell is going on. Anyone has any ideas?

PIN/ID
    24168E0D

hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    I downloaded 4.5.0.102 the day it came out for the 8100 as well. You think it's the OS? I doubt it but at this point i don't know what the hell is going on. Anyone has any ideas?
    Yea, so this has been going on for a while now, and i still havent resolved my issue.. i am still having trouble connecting to any network.. has anyone else had this problem? I think its the OS so i am downgrading to 4.5.081 or whatever it is.. and i'll see if that helps..

Yea, so this has been going on for a while now, and i still havent resolved my issue.. i am still having trouble connecting to any network.. has anyone else had this problem? I think its the OS so i am downgrading to 4.5.081 or whatever it is.. and i'll see if that helps..
    Keep me posted on what happens. My 8100 gets a signal very rarely and for brief periods so it's basically useless. I'll downgrade right back to 4.2 and leave it see what happens.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~bis has been going in and out for sometime now. My signal has been very weak last few weeks. Could be rim all together lol.

PIN/ID
    24168E0D
    That's what I'm thinking too. I couldn't figure out how to down grade a week ago, so I just left it alone and I have had decent service since about last Tuesday so I just left it alone for now. I think I got it now how to do it, but as long as my service is doing good I'm gonna leave it alone. I don't think this had anything to do with it but ever since I changed themes on my phone to one dl from here I haven't had any trouble.. I think it still my be the OS.. Hell I don't know..~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's what I'm thinking too. I couldn't figure out how to down grade a week ago, so I just left it alone and I have had decent service since about last Tuesday so I just left it alone for now. I think I got it now how to do it, but as long as my service is doing good I'm gonna leave it alone. I don't think this had anything to do with it but ever since I changed themes on my phone to one dl from here I haven't had any trouble.. I think it still my be the OS.. Hell I don't know..~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Glad to see you're back up and running at least. Is the pearl still running .102?

krayed no está en línea Stack level 2
    wow thanks bajan for linking me to this from my post. I tried to search for a similiar problem but obviously didn't search hard enough. My BB is getting full signal again after 5 hours of SOS. Did you roll back software? The .102 has worked for me for weeks now. Why all the sudden is what I want to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast