Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by pda.teck Its easier to stalk my wife, if the camer doesn't make ... General Blackberry forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Its easier to stalk my wife, if the camer doesn't make a sound. She is so cute when she sleeps * Giggle*
    ROFL

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just video record!

trungiie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435444A
    I think there should be the option to turn off the sound. Sometimes its weird when ppl stare at you while you take a picture of someone/something. And then it gets annoying when you have to retake the picture over and over haha
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    im sorry what i meant by location specific was the service provider's OS and its parameters.

A T-Mobile USA OS would allow the option of shutting the shutter sound...

A T-Mobile Japan OS (referring to what you just said) would not allow you to have the option of shutting the shutter sound.

I don't know if Japan has T-Mobile...but that was only meant as an example.
    How about when internationally roaming. You could get into a lot of trouble breaking a law overseas if you didn't know which country requires the sound and which doesn't.

Your process wouldn't work unless there were an option. Personally, I think it is necessary. It's obvious when you are using a camera that you are taking pictures. Cell phones are less obvious.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    How about when internationally roaming. You could get into a lot of trouble breaking a law overseas if you didn't know which country requires the sound and which doesn't.

Your process wouldn't work unless there were an option. Personally, I think it is necessary. It's obvious when you are using a camera that you are taking pictures. Cell phones are less obvious.

Rcbjr.
    There are plenty of smaller digital cameras that are easier to take unnoticed pictures with if someone really wanted to get around that whole thing.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Yep, that's true, but in some countries, just possession of those cameras will cost at a minimum a few days in the local lockup if you are caught.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Yep, that's true, but in some countries, just possession of those cameras will cost at a minimum a few days in the local lockup if you are caught.

Rcbjr.
    Very true.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    I feel:

no matter the reason for wanting the camera sound off, it will never be more important than the reason for locking it on: perverted upskirters, and other privacy invading pictures.

I am happy to deal with the camera sound for the safety of privacy everywhere.

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    Having the option to turn it off and on would be great. Not everyone is a pervert. People need to research their area before going overseas anyway (for coverage and such), so why not check the local laws in regards to the camera. A camera sound law is very minimal when compared to some of the other laws other countries have implemented that we haven't, and if you break those laws, really it's your fault, as you don't do the research, just like it's your own fault if you travel to that country and realize you can't use your cell phone because AT&T or T-Mobile don't work in that area.

Bottom line is, an option to turn the camera sound on and off would be a great idea. People need to be responsible for what they do with it, and where they go with it, just like they need to be responsible with every other aspect of travel. If they can't do that, then they don't deserve a camera phone.
    Hi. :D

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    im trying to take a picture of my sleeping co-worker... but its makes a sound!!!
    --
    More than meets the eye.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I have heard that the shutter sound is the result of a federal regulation.

Since RIM is originally from Canada, I am assuming that this is Canada's federal regulation.

My suggestion is this:

Make the camera shutter sound (option of on/off) location specific. What I mean by this is if someone in the USA wants to shut the camera shutter sound off, if they have their service provider's OS they can have that option, but the OS has to be from a service provider within the USA.

Do I make any sense?

For example:

Someone using Rogers would not have the option of shutting off the sound because of this "regulation."

Someone using T-mobile USA would be able to shut this sound off because there is no regulation like that...I think. If I'm wrong correct me.

But you get the basic idea...

What does everyone else think?

this regulation is correct. the problem is the devices are manufactured under canadian regulations and then imported under US policies. however the canadian regs still overrule the US's. you have to remember blackberrys are only just recently making into the hands of individual users outside of companies. the majority of companies that had contracts with RIM are DOD/Military/Govt agencies and it was those ppl that pushed for the camera regulations on the device and i am sure you know why
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    Sleeping baby.
    Wildlife.
    Museum or library.

in these cases... i'd rather have a digi cam instead which a lot of ppl do have. it's just about preparation vs spur of the moment.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    in these cases... i'd rather have a digi cam instead which a lot of ppl do have. it's just about preparation vs spur of the moment.
    What if someone isn't so fortunate as to have one or be able to buy one?

PIN/ID
    Then they shouldn't have a cell phone w/ phone plan and data plan...

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    Then they shouldn't have a cell phone w/ phone plan and data plan...

A cell phone is considered a necessity by most.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast