Calls go immediately to voice mail, with no notification, except if I happen to look ... General Blackberry forum

BlueOwl no está en línea Stack level 1

Calls go immediately to voice mail

Advertisement

Calls go immediately to voice mail, with no notification, except if I happen to look at the screen. What did I do wrong ?

Thanks

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Do you have call blocking software installed on your bb?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This may not be your problem at all, but I thought I would throw this out there just in case.

When I 1st bought my Pearl, I had the same problem....my phone would not ring, my calls were going straight to voice mail....I was very frustrated.

It turned out that the problem was casued by me having my old phone and my new one on at the same time. I had the old one on while I typed contact info into my pearl. I called CS for my carrier and they told me that having both phones on causes confusion......the network doesn't know what to do with the call. I was told that if I needed to have both on at the same time, when I was done, shut off the old one then restart the new one and the problem was fixed.

Like I said, not sure if this is your issue, but I thought I would mention it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    That happens to me once in a while. I think it happens when I am in a dead network zone. I get no notification and nothing shows on my screen.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Could be network OR hardware. Can you hear your ringers? Like if your choosing ringtones, do you hear the sample? If not you may have a hardware issue.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Go into your profiles. Find your active profile. Choose edit. Go down to phone. Scroll all the way down and make sure "Do not Disturb" is not turned on.

We have clients call us all the time about missing calls, and 90% of the time its because DND has somehow gotten turned on.

They all claim they don't go in there and change it, so not sure if there is somehow an unknown shortcut that will turn on DND or not.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    Go into your profiles. Find your active profile. Choose edit. Go down to phone. Scroll all the way down and make sure "Do not Disturb" is not turned on.

We have clients call us all the time about missing calls, and 90% of the time its because DND has somehow gotten turned on.

They all claim they don't go in there and change it, so not sure if there is somehow an unknown shortcut that will turn on DND or not.

Excellent advice, I didn't even think about this feature when reading this thread.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver