Hi If our caller id is working does it show just the number or a ... General Blackberry forum

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Caller ID

Advertisement

Hi
    If our caller id is working does it show just the number or a number and a name? I have a 7520 and am not sure how the caller id works.Any help would be great.Thanks.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Caller ID

I believe it just shows the number unless you have a name attached to that particular number in your address book.

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Welcome. It will only display the number, unless you have that number saved in your phonebook with a name attached. And if your BB is locked, it will only show the number, even if you have that person's name in your phonebook. Some security non-sense, I guess... Hope this helps.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And are you asking for incoming or outgoing?

Some wireless carriers do have name display. But what I really want to say is that Rogers Wireless has name display. If the caller has a landline....in Ontario, Québec, or New Brunswick...or is a Rogers or Fido caller, and a name is public, it will be displayed, but only if you don't already have some other name for that number in your address book.

Somewhat useless in Alberta.

And I typically only answer calls from people I know.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

As for outgoing, that's dependent upon your carrier first. But if your carrier does send your outgoing caller ID you can turn it off with your BB; in the Phone app, click the wheel and go into Options, in the General Options, you can set "Restrict My Identity" to yes or no.

(Don't confuse this with "Show My Number", which only displays your number near the top of the screen in the Phone app.)

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Thanks all for the info.I'm an idiot. I have been calling Nextel telling them that the caller id isn't working.It just shows the incoming number but not the name.I have caller id on my home phone and it shows both number and name.I just assumed that the name would show up also. Nextel asked me and I told them justthe number would show up but the reset my phone and all but never told me the name wouldn't show up.Live and learn i guess.

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

I've never had a cell phone that showed peoples names like a landline does...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by eddie8
    Thanks all for the info.I'm an idiot. I have been calling Nextel telling them that the caller id isn't working.It just shows the incoming number but not the name.I have caller id on my home phone and it shows both number and name.I just assumed that the name would show up also. Nextel asked me and I told them justthe number would show up but the reset my phone and all but never told me the name wouldn't show up.Live and learn i guess.
    What I've learned since I joined the Stacks is that I'm usually better off asking the pros here about device capabilities rather than a carrier rep.

saracen9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there I have a Pearl and have noticed that when someone calls me from my address book the number shows up but no name.

When I change the number from "+44" (uk) to "0" at the beginning it will display the name on calls but now not on txts!?

Any ideas? I'm completely lost!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    What I've learned since I joined the Stacks is that I'm usually better off asking the pros here about device capabilities rather than a carrier rep.
    Larry, aren't you a pro?