Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use youmail even though some tmobile friends can't leave a message. I can tell ... General Blackberry forum

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835

Advertisement

I use youmail even though some tmobile friends can't leave a message. I can tell if they called so I call them back. As for the people I do not want to talk to..They get a message saying that the number you have called has been disconnected. so they hang up. and you can choose to block all unknown callers. and its free

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    Yep. I used Youmail for a bit but ended up having trouble with it.

My 8100 kept getting knocked off of EDGE and it didn't start working again until I removed the youmail number from my 8100's voicemail number.

Youmail hadn't heard of the issue and neither had T-Mobile. I stopped using it though. Maybe I will try again with my 8800.

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's a lot of contacts to add if there's only 2 out of 500 that you want excluded? Is there a way to reverse the logic? In other words only add the people you want to hear from, all others go into DND mode...

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Maybe you could incorporate your call forwarding, if im busy or dont have service or whatever, i send it to my home phone. but I dont have time to think to much right now, but is there a way to put that in there somewhere.. or you could send them to one of them dial a put down numbers haha
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    You could have your normal profile set to DND but have an exception that forwards the calls you do want to hear - to a normal profile that way they don't get ignored.

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    klye,
    I didn't change my voicemail set up with youmail. instead I set in up from address book to another speed dial key. turn on by dialing the number, once its on the other is automaticly disconnected then if u want it off dial the turn off no.

PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    Quote Originally Posted by blondee028 View Post
    klye,
    I didn't change my voicemail set up with youmail. instead I set in up from address book to another speed dial key. turn on by dialing the number, once its on the other is automaticly disconnected then if u want it off dial the turn off no.

Don't you have to change the call forwarding number so that your callers get redirected to Youmail?

That's the part that screwed with my phone.

PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    I think I've found an issue with this idea.

The numbers I added to the exception no longer get dumped off on my voicemail. Perhaps this is because I just set up youmail again? Or maybe the exceptions module is broken.

I don't know. Will need to test a bit more first.

** EDIT: I reset my voicemail settings to T-Mobile's voicemail number but still no go. The exception is not working. Doesn't make any sense either.

1. Profile is configured as a clone of 'Off' AKA Silent. In the Phone section, I set it to DND which by definition should forward calls to Voicemail.
    2. I configured an exception to two numbers - my work cell phone and my work desk phone (For testing) - set the custom profile for this exception to the DND profile I created above.
    3. Finally - made sure the exception was active.

Doesn't work. Worked the first two times, doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by KyleBB8100; 09-26-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nice little trick, thanks... I will give it a try. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    Not sure why this doesn't work. I'm going to try calling T-Mobile's Blackberry support today and see if they can help me out. The guys in that department are nerdy like me so maybe they know.

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    I tried to call tmobile about another issue with you mail. Like not getting voicemail from t mobile customers. They were not too happy and their answer was. we don't promote 3rd party applications. and of course they blamed you mail for everything.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by blondee028 View Post
    but they still can leave a message..can"t they? Then your voicemail will send an alert > I would like a way to totally avoid them. Right now I am using youmail its free but only problem I have with it is that if a tmobile user calls me they can't leave a message. so there are ups and downs..

we need a app that will auto answer and hangup when the caller you dont want calling calls

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    You mail does that. They have what they call ditchmail. You can even leave the recording. That the phone has been disconnected and then it hangs up so they can't leave a message. That's the part I like. Have u tried it?

ju1ce no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24781FD9
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleBB8100 View Post
    You could have your normal profile set to DND but have an exception that forwards the calls you do want to hear - to a normal profile that way they don't get ignored.
    Ive been trying to get this to work for forever, and it never does!!!! I dont understand why tho. I was about to post a thread about it til i saw this one. Has anybody else done this successfully??

Check out The RPZ (The Replacementz)...http://www.therpz.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12