Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'd like to have a call blocking program. Berry Blocker was a nice program, but ... General Blackberry forum

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Call Filter/Call Blocker

Advertisement

I'd like to have a call blocking program. Berry Blocker was a nice program, but I don't think the developer still enhances it. I got use to such a program when I had my Treo. It is nice to be a to block private/blocked calls, unwanted calls, etc. I had Berry Blocker set up, so that those calls wouldn't even ring my phone. Yes, I know many of you say set up a n exception in your profiles, but it still rings even if it is set to mute. Maybe once RIM opens up the API's on the BB, then a developer will make such a program. Berry Blocker never even worked on the Pearl but it works great on the 8700 series, but once moving up to the 4.2 os, it won't work anymore.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Call Filter/Call Blocker

Not aware of any here. Anyone else?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

BMasiak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CBC5EC

That would be an awesome app.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am definitely in need of a call blocker program. I do have fans that are stalking the hell out of me ! LOL

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I need a call blocker. Caller I'd is not enough. Blasted bill collectors!!!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

makija no está en línea Stack level 3

why not the people that call you put no ringer no vibration nothing so when it rings you wont even see it or anything untill you check the phone works for me

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

This can be done with the Pearl if you want to -- not really easy, but possible.

I did it due to getting unwanted calls at work. Here's how in brief:

1. Create a seperate profile such as My Normal and assign the ring tone to be a blank MP3. I have one that's like 1 second long that I created through some free app (don't know it off hand) but I'm sure you could download one if you wanted to.

2. Create a new exception and add everyone you want to be able to call you. Set the "Use Profile: " option to Active Profile and put whatever ring tone you want for the Custom Ring Tone setting.

This does two things. When set to your new profile, everyone but those in the exception list get no ring tone. However, if you switch your ring tone to say vibrate, everyone vibrates - even those in your exception. Same holds true with silent. However, if you set your profile to Normal, your exceptions get the exception ring tone you setup and everyone else gets the normal ring tone.

Works for me. As I said, not clean, but it does work.

I mainly use this at work. When at my desk, I want certian people to ring and not anyone else. When in a meeting, I set it to silent and nobody rings.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I could have sworn I came across this feature when I first got my pearl as I was going through the thousands of settings...but as I was looking for it recently I can't seem to find and because of this thread I guess it doesn't exist. It would be a great feature that would come in handy. Also is there a way to simply turn everything off, such as a global 'away' so say for instance I'm playing game, watching a video, or any reason, I won't get any sms, mms, email, calls until I become 'available'?

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks Klotar...I may just have to try that out.

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32

will that software work on the 8300?
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by sigmamason
    will that software work on the 8300?
    If the 8300 is the Curve (I am not up on all the model numbers and names), then yes; it's listed in the compatible devices tab.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there is a setting in the phones when you create or edit a profile that will allow you to put the phone in "do not disturbe" mode and it basicly directs calls (or just the unwanted ones) to voice mail.

Use it all the time with people I prefer not to talk to.

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32

There are some people that I don't want to even have the pleasure of leaving a voicemail, I want them to hear either pickup hangup or busy tone or dead air...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sigmamason
    There are some people that I don't want to even have the pleasure of leaving a voicemail, I want them to hear either pickup hangup or busy tone or dead air...
    meeeeeeee tooooo! any information on how to do this would be greatly appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast