Hey all, I have a Curve 8.3 with OS 4.3! I have BES installed and ... General Blackberry forum

sebs no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendars

Advertisement

Hey all,

I have a Curve 8.3 with OS 4.3!

I have BES installed and all is working fine. From Outlook, I've create a new calendar (folder I suppose) and I'd like to know how to get it on my Blackberry to show up as a seperate calendar?

I don't need it to be synchronized, it's actually a sport team schedule and I just don't want it to be mixed up with my work calendar.

Is this possible? There must be a way to do this? I just need to do a one time import to a seperate calendar!!

Thanks for your time.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You cannot have two seperate Outlook Calendars in your BB. You could however put your sport schedule in a Google Calendar and that would allow wireless synchronization.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thanks for the reply Kaleb!

So I cannot have two calendar with BES or with BB? Because when I go to my calendar options in my BB, I have a heading called Calendars and right now I have Desktop with a color assigned to it, so it's like I could have multiple and assign them different colors so I can distinguish them in my calendar view.

I'll look into Google Calendar, thanks.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You cannot have two Outlook Calendars. You can have multiple calendars such as Outlook, Google, & Yahoo, for example, and those you can color-code.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Cool, so I did what you've suggested and install the google synch app. But it only look like one calendar, I cannot color code it, could it be because I am on BES?

Am I missing a step?

Thanks again
    sebs

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Note: This question interested me so I played with the possibility and then responded - but I am on BIS and so it's probably totally different. But I'm leaving my comments here just in case someone on BIS has the same question...

I know you can also have a separate calendar on your BB based on each email address you have set up (that is what the color coding is about), and then you can select which calendar to view on your BB. So you could view that team schedule calendar on it's own if you entered it in a different email calendar than the default. But I do not know how that works in terms of synchronization with Outlook, but it seems as if you want it to sync at least once so that you can transfer from Outlook to your BB?

I know you can configure synchronization with multiple calendar folders in Outlook, but I don't know how it would transfer to the BB (ie would it combine it all into one calendar on the BB?). From looking at the synchronization configuration (advanced) on the desktop manager, it looks like you could configure a different folder to be the default depending on which you wanted to use at the time. So conceivably you could go in, change the default folder on the DM and the default email on the BB >Default Services > Calendar and sync the team schedule calendar to one email address, then go back and change both of those and sync your primary calendar to a different address on the BB.

Notice I say "conceivably" as I have never actually tried this and must defer to those more experienced in BB calendar syncing than myself. But if it was me, I'd back up my BB and then give it a try! But I am on BIS so I guess it also depends on your BES settings.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 10-10-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: add note

Thanks for both your input guys, here's where I'm at!

I have added my gmail account to my BB and I do see two calendar in my option. But when synch my Google calendar with Google Synch it keeps going in my BES calendar. I even tried to change the default service calendar!!

Any suggestions?

Just an update as to what I finally ended up doing!

Google synch was not working for me since it was always adding event to my main (bes) calendar. So what I did is from my Outlook, for each event, I invited my gmail account, so it automatically added the event in my gmail calendar in my bb.

So it's all good now, I have my NHL schedule in a seperate color, I'm happy !!