I used to be able to synch my calendar with my Outlook using Desktop Manager ... General Blackberry forum

lincit no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Calendar synching woes

Advertisement

I used to be able to synch my calendar with my Outlook using Desktop Manager 4.6 but now it stops at 1688 of the 2108 entries. I thought I can bypass whatever was causing the interrupting by removing the calender database from the bb then setting the calendar synch to do only future items but no luck there.

I checked the synch log and manually deleted the last entry in the log in my calender thinking that maybe it has something to do with that appt but its still failing (the log does not say failing, all the entries are marked as "read").

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Where you able to see what that calendar entry was that you deleted so you can go & delete it off of your calendar or maybe correct a character it doesn't like in that entry?

There is something with that entry it doesn't like.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by lincit View Post
    I used to be able to sync my calendar with my Outlook using Desktop Manager 4.6 but now it stops at 1688 of the 2108 entries.
    I also use Outlook & have a large number of contacts as you do. I've been using this setup for years & my experience is once in a while (not often) I have the same problem you describe. It's a corruption issue which is not always evident based on the error messages in the log. It's also something that mainly only occurs with large numbers of contacts in Outlook. I have 3,685 in mine.
    Here's the solution which is fast & easy. Connect your BlackBerry to your computer & using the desktop manager, choose delete & restore, go to advanced (I'm not sure that's the exact title of the button, as I'm away from my computer now) & clear your Outlook calendar, contacts, notes, & tasks off your BlackBerry entirely. Then do a sync which will reload them & you are all set. After I figured out this solution I put it in my monthly maintenance routine _after_ I do a successful sync. This way I'm not losing any entries I made in the BlackBerry during the course of a business day, only to have a problem with doing a sync at that point.

sent via BlackBerry