I am planning on buying a blackberry 8300 and I am looking for the best ... General Blackberry forum

sadelb no está en línea Stack level 1

What Calendar / Address Book / To Do List do you use for the BB. (Easiest)

Advertisement

I am planning on buying a blackberry 8300 and I am looking for the best calendar / address book / To do list for syncing with the blackberry. What do you guys use and why? I am a big calendar person and would like something very easy to sync back and forth with. I love the google calendar but I dont know how well it syncs. I like outlook for contacts but do not like their calendar. (I havent seen outlook 2007 yet) Do you guys use one program for lets say a contact list and another program for a calendar? I wish google implemented a good address book. Also, is it a pain to sign onto the web everytime for the google calendar or do you just have your bb connected to GCAL all the time. (This is if you use GCAL). I have read a lot about a program called calendarshare also which seems to be working pretty good. I have also experimented with Time and Chaos 7 which is a nice program. I again, dont love their calendar though. I hear it syncs perfectly with the blackberry.

As you can see I have been looking at a lot of options. I just want something easy and stress free when syncing, etc...Do you think it would be a good idea to use a program like outlook for tasks and address book; and then use GCAL for just a calendar? Or would that complicate things. I am open for new suggestions as well. I feel like I have read every post on calendars but have yet to find a program that everybody loves. I feel like GCAL needs to go one more step to make it a little better for the blackberry.

Thanks in advnace.

Ben

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Re: What Calendar / Address Book / To Do List do you use for the BB. (Easiest)

Personally I like the programs that are resident on the BlackBerry(calendar, phone book, tasks), I have them syncing with outlook and it is effortless. Actually for contacts I use CardScan to sync with Outlook which then sync with BlackBerry. i don't use the GCal myself but came across what sounds like a great application that is suppose to syncronize between GCal and a portable device, the link is: http://lifehacker.com/software/downl...ync-177036.php

sadelb no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a feeling I may just use tasks and address book on outlook and use the calendar on google syncing with the program calendarshare. Unless I can find something better.

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Me use entourage. Its easy and syncs all my calendar, notes, tasks and contacts all in one place.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Get the latest GcalSync from http://code.google.com/p/gadjet/ it works pretty good. You have to manually sync and is a Java based app.

If you want auto sync with GCal check out CalendarShare, I really like it and it is about $20. Syncs OTA and is a BlackBerry native app.

I just use Outlook to sync contacts, because I only do it as a backup and to enter in a bunch of people easily.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Outlook. It syncs very well with the BB (especially via BES).
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-03-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Outlook. It works for me.