Hello everyone... I have been told that not all phones you can buy on ebay ... General Blackberry forum

auction4u no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40114EBC

Buying Blackberry on Ebay???

Advertisement

Hello everyone... I have been told that not all phones you can buy on ebay will work in all locations. Is this true? I am looking to buy another bb and I am unsure if I should buy on ebay and I am surely not going to pay nextel another $500. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I live in south mississippi and I am going to buy the 7100i unless nextel is offering a newer bb. Thanks everyone...

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Buying Blackberry on Ebay???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The 7100i is the newest BB available for Nextel. Just be cautious when buying on eBay that the seller has a good feedback rating, and make sure you use something like PayPal for your purchases so you have some buyer protection.

Good luck!

PIN/ID
    40114EBC

So... Any phone with nextel service will work anywhere in the country. Because, you know the little link on ebay that says check for service coverage? It always says NO for coverage, but I have had bb for over 3 years...

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

I would go to Nextel's website, or one of the stores, and check thier coverage maps to see where they offer coverage. Also, if your cell plan has free roaming, you should be ok either way, since your phone will automatically (if you have it set to do so) search for a tower when it loses a nextel tower.

Buying on EBay advice: Use PayPal as Kasp said. Always get the protection plan from Ebay, if it's offered, yeah, it costs more, but you'll be happy in the end if something happens, and make sure to read ALL the feedback, good, bad and ugly of the sellers.

Another thought to keep in mind, if you love blackberry, and are buying off EBay, try to get one that is UNLOCKED. You may not always have Nextel, and an unlocked phone will go with you to another carrier. Just my advice from a personal standpoint

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

And remember buyer beware...

Remember that just because they seller may say the device is unlocked...doesn't mean it's unlocked!

Anyone remeber the latin phrase for buyer beware??? Caveat something or another...

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

Caveat emptor. And don't forget to make sure the seller has removed their BIS account or you won't be able to create a BIS account or transfer the PIN.

Jobsdone no está en línea Stack level 2

Certainly, make sure there is no negative history associated with the IMEI number. The device can be effctively banned wether it's locked or unlocked.

Roshen no está en línea Stack level 1

I bought my 7290 from Ebay, unlocked. The seller's name is "dyscern" it's actually a company or something and they had a good service.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

Edit: nevermind, someone said what I was going to say...

Oh, definitely check to see how good the battery is upon getting it. You may need a new one if it's been around the block too much, but you can find them online for cheap. Better to do it sooner than later.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; 01-16-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by eatmypiano
    Caveat emptor. And don't forget to make sure the seller has removed their BIS account or you won't be able to create a BIS account or transfer the PIN.
    Good advice, even if it's from an Arsenal fan!!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

If it is a Sprint or Nextel phone, it should work on their network. Same with a Verizon phone working on the Verizon network. Verizon and Sprint/Nextel phones are not interchangeable on eachothers network.

If it is an unlocked GSM (T-Mo or Cingular) it should work on either of those networks.

PIN/ID
    40114EBC

Bought another 7100i from Thriftycellular on eBay. Works and looks like new. Only paid $160.00. Sure beats the $525 nextel charged with all the fee's and contract extentions. Thanks guys for all the help. Anyone listening. Trust these guys on pinstack, they really know what they are talking about. Many hours of reading threads has helped me through it all with my bb's. Thanks again guys... Stephen Lott

cyclothymic no está en línea Stack level 1

Got my 8700v for Ł40 on e-bay - got a Vodafone simcard and all works fine. Did check seller first and he had 100% positive feedback and was above board,

If you buy a phone that has been reported lost or stolen you may not be able to link it to your sim, so be careful