Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i should establish that ive owned several blackberry's throughout the years through industry and personal ... General Blackberry forum

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

browser revamping, camera, etc.,

Advertisement

i should establish that ive owned several blackberry's throughout the years through industry and personal use.

with that said, the highly anticipated bb's are due on the marketplace sometime soon and it leaves me wondering why certain features are still not upgraded namely, the browser. yeah sure its great with gps and wi-fi; those are major improvements but, when devices are being released by other manufacturers that make a bb browser seem archaic it makes me question what exactly is RIM thinking?? if they're to tap into the new demographic acquired with the sale of the pearl's then they need to amp up their game in the multimedia arena.

RIM IF YOU ARE READING THIS GIVE ME A REAL WEB EXPERIENCE, ALONG WITH THE FEATURES BELOW, ON A BLACKBERRY AND ILL FORK OUT 1K++ FOR THE DEVICE.
    1. camera with high enough mp to lose carrying my nikon,
    2. ability to open multimedia attachments with ease,
    3. streaming audio,
    4. am/fm tuner,
    5. gps,
    6. and wi-fi.
    Put that in an 8800 type of case device and youll satisfy my every need, whim, anticipated need, etc.,etc.,

pastorshaiem no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: browser revamping, camera, etc.,

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amen ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by pastorshaiem; 08-05-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

Couldn't have said it better myself.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Wow! That would be fantastic, count me in!

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

I agree with everything here, but having small hands, I would like a 8300 sized phone... That just fits really nice.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

AM/FM tuner?

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah but how many are going to want to pay 1k for that? Come on. Most people I know think that a regular BlackBerry is too much money for a phone. I don't agree of course. I would pay iPhone money for the device that you are wishing for though and am willing to bet you will see that phone in a year to 18 months.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

It wont be 1000 for that..... The features are older than they are new now. So they are pretty cheap. To the original poster, BB browser is suppose to be updated with the Pearl 2 http://blackberrycool.com/2007/06/27/004942/

darkhalodcss no está en línea Stack level 2

hm... i dont see the use for wifi but i can use the gps.

theres no such thing as a perfect phone, all phone companys try to avoid this so you can buy there products. which sucks but thats life. and i for one will not pay 1000 for a phone lol even though when you come down to it, you would probaly pay that much if you total up all the blackberry you purchase...... maybe more.....

a phone with all that stuff... the phone would be as big as a portable dvd player lol jk
    For Some reason.......... Nevermind

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

Some of this sounds good.

But AM/FM radio? l don't see much demand for that...how many people do you see walking around with a portable AM/FM radio these days?

As for a real browsing experience, you can download Opera Mini ota and get that.

Maybe we shouldn't rely of RIM to do everything for us and just add to it outselves where it makes sense for each user's own requirements.

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

Yup I agree. That's basically the biggest and most important thing they need to do to now.

Users want it so why don't RIM just make what people want, make lots of money, rinse, repeat.

My guess is that the current hardware and OS are the limiting factors. The cpu isn't powerful enough, the device probably needs 128mb ram as a minimum,the hardware that links all that needs to be redesigned.

The screen also has to get bigger. The upcoming 384x288 I just don't think that will give a proper web experience. It will probably be the same physical dimensions as we have on the current qwerty BBs. So, at the very best it'll make it look a bit sharper.

A 640x480 is what the BB needs. Maybe they will make that on the RIM patent with the sliding/disappearing keyboard. If you haven't seen it the pictures looked like an 8700 case with the keyboard sliding down into the case like a garage door so it ended up double the screen size. Hmm, so a 640x480 might be possible without making the handset as big as a winmob device.

Then there's the OS which probably needs to be made from scratch. Remember when earlier this year analysts were saying RIM needs to either make a completely brand new OS or license another like symbian.

They'll also need to make a better browser too. Using opera mini 4 beta is nice, but, RIM shouldn't depend on an outside entity to try and satiate its users needs. On that leaked screenshot of the new BB browser with the tabbed browsing feature, via BGR, I hope that's just a stop gap till they make a real browser.

All this costs loads of $Ł€Ą. No tech company just makes brand new from scratch they always use what they have and improve it. That's why they keep doling out these new handsets with just one new feature. They're doing what other handest makers have been doing since the beginning. And that is sound business strategy.

Heck, if u believe the rumours apple has been developing the iphone for 3 years. They must have spent squillions on developing it. What they ended up with is amazing but no where near perfect.

We should all just be patient. I think another 2 generations on from the 8800 we will get what we want. I hope the OS5 BBs will answer our prayers

After all 7290-8700-8800 the improvement was amazing.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Sounds good, but how about dropping the AM radio and making it FM/HD Radio. That would be the kicker for me.

taboo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D4B629

I agree that the web browser needs a good kick. They do a great job with page load times even on edge, but it leaves a lot lacking. They could take notes from sumbian browsers and even opera browsers.
    I'm thinking that streaming audio or video over the network on websites would be horrible on edge and with the processor and memory levels in the currebt models. Btw... I can stream audio over the network on my att curve using the built in software.. Just not in websites.
    GPS and WiFi would be great and it looks like we're moving in that direction.. Especially if the wifi radio is stronger than what htc puts in its devices. I'd take edge/wifi over hsdpa any day. Give me seamless gsm/wifi call switching too and I'd be set.
    Better browser, gps, wifi, and a more user-friendly media player and I'm good to go.
    I love my call quality, battery life, keyboard functionality, camera (3.2mp or higher would be a lil better), simple, down to business os, and overall reliabilty. Just needs a few more things to be king of the world.

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Smile Re: browser revamping, camera, etc.,

Quote Originally Posted by littleacorn
    RIM IF YOU ARE READING THIS GIVE ME A REAL WEB EXPERIENCE, ALONG WITH THE FEATURES BELOW, ON A BLACKBERRY AND ILL FORK OUT 1K++ FOR THE DEVICE.
    1. camera with high enough mp to lose carrying my nikon,
    LOL!!, you definetely need a camera with blackberry as its feature. NOT a blackberry with a camera.
    -t o m-
    *PearlLover, CurveAbuser*
    :D

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

its true rim has made advancements from their very early products but we mustnt compare apple's work within the industry to that of an established company. keep in mind apple was a novice when they approached the idea of making the iphone they didnt have precedent to build upon. blackberry? they've been in the game a lot longer and have years of engineering & technlogy they can tinker around with to obtain a "jesus phone" for blackberry users.

i dont feel this particular device is out of the question or far away but im beginning to tire of the small adjustments that they make to pacify us with products that do 50/50 of the features that we secretly obsess over, when they could keep us in anticipation for an extra year for a phone that encompasses all things HOLY.

dont get me wrong, i love blackberry. i have ventured into other pastures from the N95, the prada phone, tried my boyfriend's iphone, and i always come back but i sure wish that the features that are standard in other high end phones be standard on a device that is craving to branch into the mass consumer market. mass consumers expect the phone to get up and get the remote for them and fill their scripts at the pharmacy. joking? ok. but you get the drift.

to me a smartphone should have everything i need so i dont have to carry around that extra device be it an ipod, camera, fm/am tuner that i have to shove into my handset. it should do these things for me.

im spoiled, sue me.

even so, an am/fm tuner, "why," you ask? well because why not? i take my phone everywhere, including for physical exertion, if i tire of the mp3's ... why not have that as an option? nokia has it standard on most of their handsets.

the technology is out there and sure it may take millions to cultivate but hello....was i the only one reading the quarterly profits? um, yeah. zero excuses.

and dont even get me started on opera mini....that is not a real web browsing experience. that is a mobile version of the internet that i rather not even try. i want to be able to look at web pages as though im sitting at my computer.
    Last edited by littleacorn; 08-06-2007 at 01:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast