Ok. So I have T-Mobile. I have been on my Berry all day, browsing the ... General Blackberry forum

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Browser Problems-Arrrgh!

Advertisement

Ok. So I have T-Mobile. I have been on my Berry all day, browsing the internet, on the phone, text and instant messaging with no problems, all functioning as usual.

About an hour ago I went to a website designed for BBs and it recommended having style sheets enabled. I have seen this option in the Browser Configuation menu of the Brower Options, but didn't really know what they are and had never seen a site request them so I just left the option of "Support Style Sheets" disabled.

Upon seeing this recommendation I went to the menu and activated this option. After finishing browsing the site I exited the browser. A short time later I opened my browser and attempted to go to a site. My browser is taking FOREVER to load a page and when it finally does and the status bar at the bottom goes away some icons and pictures aren't showing up and the page doesn't seem to have loaded competely.

What is going on? Is it possible that enabling the Style Sheet Support caused my browser to slow down this much? It is literally crawling. The only other thing I did was change my font and I can't see how that would cause any problems. Anyone have any input?

I have done soft and hard resets and the browser is still ridiculously slow. I called T-Mobile and spoke to a BlackBerry Rep. In my past experience I have gotten very knowledgable reps who had all the answers I was looking for, but this guy knew NOTHING. He told me to take the battery out and leave it out for a few minutes(which I had already done) and that, of course did nothing new.

He then told me my only options were to do a software upgrade(which makes no sense because I have the most up-to-date version) or to wipe my device and lose all my info(which I wasn't about to do because this guy didn't seem to know sh*t and I wasn't going to do that unless I was absolutely sure it was 100% neccesary).

I originally called them because I saw posted on here that the server was down or having problems earlier and thought that this might be causing the problem, but he told me it wasn't down and that wouldn't cause the slow browser anyway.

So, again, anyone have any ideas on why my browser is at a virtual standstill? Also, while I'm at it, I mentioned the "Support Style Sheets" option before. What exactly is this, and after I enabled it, another option showed up of either "Screen" or "Handheld". What is the difference and which one should I be using if I have the Style Sheet Support enabled. Pleeeeease Help! Thanks all.
    Last edited by cp6169; 09-26-2006 at 06:41 PM.

ladyhollman no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Browser Problems-Arrrgh!

Its the service ... all of my browser pics (embedded on pages) disappeared also with T-mo. If you go into select mode, you can tell it to get the pics but this is a pain with certain pages.

I think somewhere I read the RIM servers had some problems today

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Enabling Style Sheet is probably the cause of your browser slowing down. Please go back into options and disable this. I have read many times that enabling style sheets slows the BB down considerably. Hopefully this will eliminate your problem.

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

I also am having browser issues. I am on T-mobile and all of the sights are loading unbelievable slow. At the "Requesting" portion takes 2-3 minutes and then when the page does load, I am no longer getting any images. This was not the case before. I went to my settings and tinkered around some but what ever I did, it made it worse. I went back and reset to the default settings and then took out the battery to reset everything.
    I own a 8700g that is about three weeks old that is running on the 4.1 OS.
    I have a full signal and also cleared out all of my temp files. I would love any suggestions.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MsBrenda is right. The more options you check in your Browser Config, the slower it will go.

I know this to be a fact of life. So if you want a faster browser, uncheck some things in configuration.

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

I am up and running again. Both T-mobile and Cingular were having issues. See the below thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...vice_slow.html