What are exactly do the options under the emulation mode do to your browser? For ... General Blackberry forum

ngubler no está en línea Stack level 2

Browser Options

Advertisement

What are exactly do the options under the emulation mode do to your browser? For example, if in your browser you go to options, browser configuration, then scroll through the options on "Emulation" what do the options: blackberry, openwave, openwave gateway, Microsoft IE, MS pocket IE, Netscape exactly do to the bb web browser?

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Browser Options

Well i am not a expert but i would assume this part of the options for your browser is for certain websites that only allow certain clients to access its url. For example if pocket ie or ms ie was selected the web server you are trying to access would assume your bb is a ie browser and not a bb browser.

If someone knows a little more about this option please feel free to give ngubler a second opinion thank you.

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Browser Options

Also though keep in mind that running emulation does slow down performance though but if maximum compatiblity is what you are looking for then Ms IE is the way to go but this is only needed for some sites these days most are compatible with general anything but i could be wrong.