Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I checked the threads but couldnt really find my problem. I have the 8330 and ... General Blackberry forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Browser configuration help

Advertisement

I checked the threads but couldnt really find my problem. I have the 8330 and im running 4.5.0.51. Sometimes it takes awhile to load up sites. The hourglass spins and spins and I have to exit out. Also happens when loading emails with pics. Not all the time but a lot. Does anyone know why this happens? Example when I try to adjust my fantasy team on yahoo sports, it wont load the players names. Im assuming its my settings and I have tried to adjust them and see if it works but with no luck. Can anyone WITHOUT this problem list their browser settings plz?

Thanks,

Brian
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    I have all the boxes checked under browser configuration.
    Show Images: On WML & HTML Pages
    Emulation: BlackBerry

Hope this helps some.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Go into your browser, select options>browser configuration and see if Support JavaScript is checked - if it is, uncheck it. If you need Java support you'll be prompted. Having that checked will slooooow you down a lot.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm running 4.5.0.77 on my 8330. I almost never get the hourglass when loading pages and when I do it's very brief.

I have every check box marked in browser configuration, show images set to "On WML & HTML Pages" and my browser emulation mode set to "BlackBerry"
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Go into your browser, select options>browser configuration and see if Support JavaScript is checked - if it is, uncheck it. If you need Java support you'll be prompted. Having that checked will slooooow you down a lot.
    Maybe using JavaScript support and very slow response is only true on GSM phones. I'm fairly new coming back to the CDMA - sorry if I misled.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    could it be my OS?
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

Clark, I think I had a problem - don't remember what - with .51 so I didn't stay on it very long. I moved on to .77 and it's been working great. It might be the OS - difficult to say. Other opinions?

If you up for trying it go here.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 10-08-2008 at 11:31 AM.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    wait that worked.... I unchecked support javascript and now I can see my fantasy players when I go to my team.

Thanks guys!

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I dont remember, but can I do a backup then upgrade to .77 and then load the backup? Will I lose all my 3rd party apps? and themes?

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    wait that worked.... I unchecked support javascript and now I can see my fantasy players when I go to my team.

Thanks guys!
    I guess it's NOT just GSM phones. Azstar can make stuff work great that no one else can - she's magic!

You can choose during the upgrade process to backup your 3rd party stuff and it will all be there when you're done. Still do another backup first just in case something goes wrong.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    really? that includes themes, and games, and stuff? wow nice!

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You can choose during the upgrade process to backup your 3rd party stuff and it will all be there when you're done. Still do another backup first just in case something goes wrong.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I guess it's NOT just GSM phones. Azstar can make stuff work great that no one else can - she's magic!

LOL I better not ever give up my magic 8330 Curve, it's the Curve, not me And I never tried fantasy football either so I may run into the same trouble if I ever do.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    really? that includes themes, and games, and stuff? wow nice!

Yes it should all still be there themes games and all. You may just need to re-activate some of it with the registration keys if they were required.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Clark, Like Azstar says, do a backup before you start the process and then take the backup option when you upgrade too. You can't have too many.

If you do decide to do it, make sure you have an hour or so to get it done. You probably know all the "how to's" but just in case here are some instructions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast