Is there a way to browse to a private IP? For example, if my home ... General Blackberry forum

iam8up no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20673FE5

Browse to private IP

Advertisement

Is there a way to browse to a private IP?

For example, if my home network router is 192.168.1.1 and I have a web server at 192.168.1.10 and my Blackberry (Bold) is 192.168.1.50 I want to from 50 to 10, not using the router or the SSL tunneling through BIS.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Wouldn't you be able to manually setup your IP address on the wifi settings? i know that at work we have wireless with its own gateway and i setup my BB to have its own IP (Static) using the wifi settings. unless i am not understanding your question, i think you can do this too.
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    The best way I've found to do this is have your router map an obscure port to the internal server on your private network and then just have your browser point to your private iport works great for me. I have audio that plays through the whole house and if a song comes on the radio/playlist that I don't recognize, I don't have to worry about getting to the comp. I just pull up my phone and point it there. It works for me, but you have to worry about opening that to the internet.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by iam8up View Post
    Is there a way to browse to a private IP?

For example, if my home network router is 192.168.1.1 and I have a web server at 192.168.1.10 and my Blackberry (Bold) is 192.168.1.50 I want to from 50 to 10, not using the router or the SSL tunneling through BIS.

iam8up no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20673FE5
    Actually I found that if I connect to the AP and either can't or firewall block connection to the RIM network I can get to the private IP.

Alternatively, if connecting to the RIM network is complete, use the "Wifi Hotspot Login" bookmark that gets the "Hotspot browser" running and then punch in http://192.168.1.10