I work in a busy environment and we have an interesting issue. Here is the ... General Blackberry forum

Insanity no está en línea Stack level 1

Broadcast Blackberry Chat

I work in a busy environment and we have an interesting issue. Here is the senario.

My entire department all uses Blackberries and we all use the Blackberry Messanger to communicate with one another while doing our job. We currently use a large group chat to bounce common issues off of one another to assist in resolving issues. My team and I are now trying to figure out a way to have our team chat on our Blackberry devices broadcast on a PC so we can have it on a projector screen in our common room. Any ideas as to how this can be done?

There are simulators out there but I cannot see a way that we could use a simulator to connect to the RIM network and get it working that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Broadcast Blackberry Chat

I don't think what you're trying to do is possible with BlackBerry Messenger.

Unfortunately, BB Messenger isn't compatible with other messaging programs. Is it feasible for you and your team to use another messenger that has a desktop application, like Google or Yahoo? If so, you could run the desktop client on the pc, and then project it as you'd like to.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me!

Re: Broadcast Blackberry Chat

You could pay someone $6 an hour to sit there with a blackberry and copy and paste it into a text editor program on the computer setup to a projector.

No, I don't think there's a technical way of accomplishing that. Although I will think about it and see if I can think of anything.