I bought a pearl last month and absolutely love it. My wife loves it so ... General Blackberry forum

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

Brand New Pearl

Advertisement

I bought a pearl last month and absolutely love it. My wife loves it so much we ordered one for her from Amazon for $.01. It is due in tomorrow and she is excited to start using it. My question is she is moving from a razr. The instructions Amazon sent me say they sent me a new SIM card and I should use that with the new Pearl. They know it's an upgrade.

I plan on using my wife's old sim card. Anybody know why they would suggest using the new sim card when they know it's an upgrade. I won't have any issues using the old sim will I. I planned to use the old sim so she can keep her number.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Brand New Pearl

Assuming you have the same wireless carrier for your Pearl that you did for your Razr, I would say no. I am with AT&T, and when I moved over to my Pearl from my Razr all I did was copy all of my phone numbers up to my SIM, popped it into my Pearl, and rocked on.

Reconfiguring all the contacts after that was kind of a pain, but the phone works great and I kept my number.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

That's what I was thinking. It will be the same carrier (ATT). Just a new phone. I plan to use the old sim. I am surprised they sent a SIM card.

Anyone bought a phone from Amazon...if so did it go good? I have heard horror stories they will charge me $250 once it activates based on loopholes. Just curious if anyone has experienced that.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I know when I went from my treo to my pearl ATT sent me a new sim, but I used the old one.. I think its somewhat standard from what I know...
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

i belive all providers do that, im with canada rogers, when i went from ROKR to a pearl i got same thing, all you do is call and they switch to a new sim, if they havent automaticly. It will not cause any thing, as the sim is not tied to any acount, it will be exact same thing as buying a brand new sim card.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    The BB simm card is configured slightly different then the Razr card so you'll have to use the one that comes with the BB but it won't be a problem to transfer her contacts from the Razr to the BB via Bluetooth

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

AT&T includes a new SIM card with every new device purchase.

The new SIM isn't configured any differently than any other new SIM card they send out. AT&T started upgrading all of there SIMs a while back. They have 64kb of storage instead of 32kb, and they're all compatible with 3G, for when they finally get that up and running.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Its just a 3g sim card they want to make sure everyone has the new sim card. Helps out in places u don't signal at. It will also help improve signal in those areas

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23
    That's what I was thinking. It will be the same carrier (ATT). Just a new phone. I plan to. use the old sim. I am surprised they sent a SIM card.

Anyone bought a phone from Amazon...if so did it go good? I have heard horror stories they will charge me $250 once it activates based on loopholes. Just curious if anyone has experienced that.
    I heard/read something somewhere about ridiculous charges in connection with inexpensive deals such as this! Check the "fine" print just in case. See if you have any options to opt out or a return policy w/o penalty.Good luck!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23
    Only if you don't follow their terms by cancelling service (without returning the device or cancelling outside their return period) or changing your plan to where it doesn't meet their terms. It's basically an ETF on top of the one you have with your carrier.

I've ordered two BB's from Amazon with no problems. Read and make sure you understand and comply with the terms and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ebanga
    The BB simm card is configured slightly different then the Razr card so you'll have to use the one that comes with the BB but it won't be a problem to transfer her contacts from the Razr to the BB via Bluetooth
    Not really. It's not the SIM -- it's the data plan provisioning on the account/line associated with the SIM. A SIM from a RAZR would be fine. The OP would just need to add a BB data plan, if desired.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-26-2007 at 09:33 AM.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    AT&T includes a new SIM card with every new device purchase.

The new SIM isn't configured any differently than any other new SIM card they send out. AT&T started upgrading all of there SIMs a while back. They have 64kb of storage instead of 32kb, and they're all compatible with 3G, for when they finally get that up and running.
    Wow what about the word slightly was not understood here?

slight /slaɪt/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[slahyt]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationadjective, -er, -est, verb, noun
    –adjective 1.small in amount, degree, etc.: a slight increase; a slight odor. 2.of little importance, influence, etc.; trivial: a slight cut.

you just contradicted yourself if you think 32kb to 64kb isn't a difference, besides i was just trying to help the guy out, there was no need to quote me on this pal.
    Last edited by ebanga; 07-26-2007 at 09:57 PM.
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05