Anyone use Boxwave's active case for existing devices, such as the 7100t or the 8700c? ... General Blackberry forum

Excalibur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Question Boxwave Active Case for 7130e

Advertisement

Anyone use Boxwave's active case for existing devices, such as the 7100t or the 8700c? I would very much like a review on this product as I am definitely interested in one made specifically for the 7130e. For those 7130e users out there who wish to explore this option as well, feel free to visit boxwave dot com to make a special request for this item. I would really love a case that not only exhibits the fashionable side of my BB, but one that protects it from the dings of everyday life while allowing me to utilize the phone features with or without a bluetooth headset.

Note: I do not work for Boxwave. The above post is only meant for 7130e owners who wish to explore other cases for their device (i.e. active case) and/or BB users who have had experience with the company previously.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 10-17-2006 at 11:10 AM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Boxwave Active Case for 7130e

Never used it. Don't think I have heard of it before.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Need no está en línea Stack level 2

I ordered a similar design from ebay. It is called 7130e housing, but the quality is not very good. It also doesn't cover the screen. When snap together, the edges were not even all the way around. And it is impossible to pull the 2 pieces apart. I ended up not using it. Also since the thumb wheel of the 7130e is very close to the bottom of the phone, the bottom piece of plastic will make it harder to use the wheel. If Boxwave could come up with a quality case and without making the thumb wheel harder to use, I would get one.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Need
    I ordered a similar design from ebay. It is called 7130e housing, but the quality is not very good. It also doesn't cover the screen. When snap together, the edges were not even all the way around. And it is impossible to pull the 2 pieces apart. I ended up not using it. Also since the thumb wheel of the 7130e is very close to the bottom of the phone, the bottom piece of plastic will make it harder to use the wheel. If Boxwave could come up with a quality case and without making the thumb wheel harder to use, I would get one.
    Need, I was told by a Boxwave rep that the only way we can have them manufacture such a quality case is to have enough people request for it.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Never used it. Don't think I have heard of it before.
    I saw a similar case (different vendor) on a Treo 700w. I simply googled "blackberry 7130e clear case" on the search engine, including ebay's, in order to obtain a list of results. I even saw something like it for an 8700c (I think) on seido's site. It looks pretty good, and the case is worth researching for.

Need no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur
    Need, I was told by a Boxwave rep that the only way we can have them manufacture such a quality case is to have enough people request for it.
    I put in a request.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Need
    I put in a request.
    Cool! Please post updates on what happens next.

On an added note, check out the skin/holster combo for the 7130e from Seido here: https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=522
    Last edited by Excalibur; 10-18-2006 at 06:06 PM.