I bought an unlocked 8700g from T-mobile. I wanted to use this with my Cingular ... General Blackberry forum

gkatmar no está en línea Stack level 2

Bought an Unlocked 8700g Getting SIM CARD REJECTED message Help Please!!

Advertisement

I bought an unlocked 8700g from T-mobile. I wanted to use this with my Cingular SIM card but when I put in my SIM card it says SIM CARD REJECTED. I checked to see if the phone was unlocked and all the five unlocking categories say disabled. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? Do I have a bad SIM card? Thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Bought an Unlocked 8700g Getting SIM CARD REJECTED message Help Please!!

Have you tried the same SIM in a different device? That would tell you if the problem is the SIM.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Ya it works on my Cingular phone but not the unlocked 8700g??????

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Ok, so then we know the SIM works. Do you have a Tmo SIM to try in the 8700g? I have never used an unlocked device before so I am taking stabs in the dark. Have you tried a restart after you get the SIM error?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

No i don't have a T-Mobile SIM card to try out. How do I restart? Just turn of? Thanks

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Not all SIM cards work in all devices. You may have to get a new SIM. You may also want to lightly rub the SIM with an eraser to clean off any junk that may has stuck to it over time.