Hi, I recently bought a used blackberry and when trying to register a blackberry email ... General Blackberry forum

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

bought a used blackberry

Advertisement

Hi, I recently bought a used blackberry and when trying to register a blackberry email account i realized the pin on my bb was already registered by the previous owner, I dont know If i am supposed to contactc my carrier (cingular) or what to do.
    Can I request a new pin or something?
    I did not buy a media or blackberry plan (i have the data connection refused sign) and so farmy only contact to the internet with my bb has been trough mini opera.(wich works fine)
    My bb is for personal use and I intend to use it for web browsing and gmail.
    My pin # is 23e938c9

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: bought a used blackberry

welcome to pinstack

you'll need to either contact the person you bought it from and have them release the pin, or you may get cingular to release it...

howitzer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6E34

Cingular may help you get it released if they say no try a few more times and if that fails contact RIM directly.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You will need a data plan to get rid of the "Data Connection Refused" message also.

JoshB no está en línea Stack level 2

Um, for some BB's, you can do this:

Options -> Network -> Off (Data Services)

Then pull your battery and it should remove the message.

Disclaimer: I said some.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

No dataplan, no Internet and no email (including gmail). Be prepared for a huge data bill though if you surf using mini-opera.

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~contact cingular customer service and tell them that you need to speak with data support. When you get data support tell them that you forgot your login and tell them that you need it reset. PM me if you need

rgarde no está en línea Stack level 2

If you want to use the Blackberry for e-mail and web browsing, I would put a data plan on your account asap. You can get away with checking gmail from the internet if you don't get the pin released. You basically need the PIN registered on BIS to add e-mail addresses. But if you have a data plan you can still use the PIN to PIN feature and go on the internet no problem. If gmail is the only account you use, I would definately check out if you can download an app specifically for gmail. But if you can register your PIN on BIS, I find that the best experience. In any case I hope that helps.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Quote Originally Posted by rgarde
    If you want to use the Blackberry for e-mail and web browsing, I would put a data plan on your account asap. You can get away with checking gmail from the internet if you don't get the pin released. You basically need the PIN registered on BIS to add e-mail addresses. But if you have a data plan you can still use the PIN to PIN feature and go on the internet no problem. If gmail is the only account you use, I would definately check out if you can download an app specifically for gmail. But if you can register your PIN on BIS, I find that the best experience. In any case I hope that helps.
    OK, so I emailed the seller asking him to release the pin, if that doesnt work I will try with cingular as some of you suggested, and yes, I'd prefer to use BIS if its possible, just the only thing is that I am already a slightly heavy phone user, well heavier than normal, So I already pay a high $ a monh for the cell and I dont want to add another $40 to the bill on a blackberry plan so I can waste my time browsing the net whenever Im bored, So Im looking at just getting a small data plan and then I will only use the data whenever I need to check my email (wich happens about twice a day) and of course whenever I need to check something from the internet before I get home, wich will not be a big thing.
    Thinking about it I might get a $40 BB plan If I can use it to use voip instead of my minutes!
    So what data plan do you experts on the matter recommend the most?
    I spend about 1200 minutes a month in my cell btw.
    thanks
    -Antonio

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You can't use VOIP as far as I know. Cingular's Personal BB Data Plan (BIS) is $34.99 per month and has unlimited data. http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...egory=cat50012

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    You can't use VOIP as far as I know. Cingular's Personal BB Data Plan (BIS) is $34.99 per month and has unlimited data. http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...egory=cat50012

Cingular's BB unlimted dataplan is $34.99 or $29.99 with a qualified voice plan (450 minutes I think). No text messaging included. 200 TMs a month is $4.99. There is also a new unlimited dataplan and something like 3000 TMs for about $40 a month I think.

EDGE data rate is too slow to support VOIP., in other words, not enough bandwidth to support voice quality.

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by cabron
    OK, so I emailed the seller asking him to release the pin, if that doesnt work I will try with cingular as some of you suggested, and yes, I'd prefer to use BIS if its possible, just the only thing is that I am already a slightly heavy phone user, well heavier than normal, So I already pay a high $ a monh for the cell and I dont want to add another $40 to the bill on a blackberry plan so I can waste my time browsing the net whenever Im bored, So Im looking at just getting a small data plan and then I will only use the data whenever I need to check my email (wich happens about twice a day) and of course whenever I need to check something from the internet before I get home, wich will not be a big thing.
    Thinking about it I might get a $40 BB plan If I can use it to use voip instead of my minutes!
    So what data plan do you experts on the matter recommend the most?
    I spend about 1200 minutes a month in my cell btw.
    thanks
    -Antonio
    Actually, what the seller needs to do is close out their BIS account which will release the IMEI and PIN and allow you to set up your BIS account with that BB.

If you have no clue as to how much data you might use, I'd start with an unlimited plan for at least 2-3 months to see how much data you use. You can always change it. Better to start that way than be hit with a an exorbitant data bill at the of the month.