There are a lot of very helpful tips and tricks to getting the most out ... General Blackberry forum

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4

boosting your BB memory

Advertisement

There are a lot of very helpful tips and tricks to getting the most out of your BB. And so many useful threads as to how to increase you BB memory. But I just found one more, however small, way to add just a little more. This may have been posted in some of these other threads, but I don't remember seeing it, and as big a memory junkie as I am, believe me, I've looked. We all, by now know to close out all apps when you're not using them. And we all know about clearing the event log, and of course the content cache. But I just went through and deleted a lot of old bbokmarks from my browser, that I no longer use and just boosted my memory from 20.4 mbs to 21.8. And no, I didn't have THAT many bookmarks saved. So if you use your default BB browser and save a lot of pages you've visited, go delete the ones you no longer use. Hope this helps some of you!

Just wanted to apologize for originally posting this in the wrong forum. But I hope this may be helpful.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another thing you can do is delete help in your applications n tatll help free up more memory I did cause I know my bb already n I don't need help with it so u can delete tat to just trying to help

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another thing you can do is delete help in your applications n tatll help free up more memory I did cause I know my bb already n I don't need help with it so u can delete tat to just trying to help but just delete tat don't delete font characters are anything like tat cause not sure wat tat does I just knew wat help does

There are a few apps out there, but the one I found that does the best is called MaxMem. It is by berrycoder. What it does is it has a list of most of the apps and other little things your BB comes with like default wallpapers, and default video, voice activated dialing, etc. You simply click on what you would like to delete and its gone. The only thing about this app is you really need to make sure you back up your BB first, THEN you need to know exactly what it is you are deleting. Like the default themes. If you delete these, some of the custom themes you may try to install will not work. So it is advisable to make sure you know what you are deleting first.