Does anyone have BOTH devices? I'm so frustrated by AT&Ts/RIM's delays with the Bold I ... General Blackberry forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Bold and Storm

Advertisement

Does anyone have BOTH devices? I'm so frustrated by AT&Ts/RIM's delays with the Bold I was thinking over switching over to VZW and awaiting the Storm. Both companies have excellent coverage in my area so that's no big deal - I also wouldnt have to pay a term. fee.

Any side-by-side suggestions of the 2 devices?

While I hate the iPhone, I agree that it's lack of any "moving" parts (trackball, buttons, etc.) enable it to last a lot longer, hardware wise, than other phones - The storm I suspect would have a similar durability factor...

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    It depends on what your preference is. If you like the traditional BlackBerry style then get the Bold. If you want the new iPhone-type styling and a touchscreen then go for the Storm. There are other little differences like wifi, 3G, screensize, etc. Again it boils down to what your personal preference is.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Member vzw is CDMA and not GSM so less device's; I know some ppl that switch phones a lot. But like everyone else said it all about you big dawg, I would get a bold, well I haven't seen the storm yet but I'm not a big touch screen guy, I have fat fingers. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    But the Storm on VZW will be both CDMA and GSM (outside VZW areas).

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    I'm so frustrated by AT&Ts/RIM's delays with the Bold I was thinking over switching over to VZW and awaiting the Storm.
    I certainly understand & share your frustration. However I would suggest sticking with RIM & not switching carriers for a form factor & style (touch screen) of device based on a whim & frustration. You are using an 8310 now & would probably miss the keyboard more than you realize. I have used both generations of iPhones while STILL keeping my BlackBerry as my primary phone. And as open minded & open to change as I am, the iPhone touch screen interface was useless to me. For fun, web surfing, playing around it was fine. But as far as using as my only mobile communications device, forget it. That said, I'm sure the RIM touch screen will be better, but it is still a touch screen. They are responding to the iPhone which they need to do, but I could not live with touch screen. If you give it serious thought & feel you would like it, then I would be sure to understand their return policy. Get the Storm & put it to your test within the return period. That way you're not stuck with a mistake if you don't like it. Hope this helps you.
    sent via BlackBerry