Hey Everyone, This may very well be a stupid question, but does anyone know if ... General Blackberry forum

ajr1437 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold/8900 Camera Module Switch?

Hey Everyone,

This may very well be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the Bold and 8900 Curve's camera modules are interchangable? The camera on the Bold is shotty at best, but my wife's 8900 is awesome. I found a 8900 camera module on cnn that I'd like to put in my Bold, but I wanted to check with the experts on this forum first. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm gonna say no, The 8900 is a 3.2 mp camera with zoom and auto focus will the bold has a 2.0 mp camera with no zoom or auto focus I believe so I'm sure that the bold software isnt written to support the 8900 camera. And I doubt that they connect to the logic board the same. But I could be completely wrong.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Going to have to agree that it likely isn't interchangeable since they're sold as different units and as Jeff pointed out, they have several differences in features, meaning they likely don't connect to the board the same.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS