Hi everyone, my clear plastic case just broke so I need to get something new ... General Blackberry forum

mish2brivero no está en línea Stack level 1

bodyguardz vs. best skins ever?

Advertisement

Hi everyone,
    my clear plastic case just broke so I need to get something new to protect my pearl 8100. I'm considering getting either the best skins ever or the bodyguardz. I'm leaning more towards the bodyguardz cause it seems to cover the sides where the BSE doesn't. Has anyone had experiences with both products and can give a little advice as to which one you liked better and why?

Thanks!

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: bodyguardz vs. best skins ever?

Unfortunately, I can't give you any feedback on bodyguardz, but I did have the BSE full body skin on my Pearl.

-It is extremely easy to apply.
    -The quality is excellent.
    -The price is hard to beat.

I carried my Pearl in my pocket every single day. I had the screen skin on my Pearl for over a year and replaced it only once; and it probably didn't even need replacing - I tend to be a bit anal with things like this.

I can highly recommend the BSE skin.

.exe files no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2a55a

I've had a bodyguardz skin on my pearl for about year now with no problems at all.It does have two small flaps at the top of the phone that needs to be sliced with a razor blade in order to take the back cover off properly.The skin covers the pearl completely.I would recomend bodyguardz.I have no experience with BSE skins.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

BSE advocate here...

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the BSE right now. I'm thinking of ordering some Bodyguardz because of the side protection (which judging from previous phones and PDA's I've had, is a problem area for me). I was kind of disappointed with the BSE's lack of side pieces (which I don't remember seeing as not being included, but that's probably my fault as I was looking at a lot of things that day). Overall, it seemed to go on rather easily, and I don't think liquid got anywhere it wasn't supposed to. So for the parts that are covered, it works well. But I'll probably get the Bodyguardz at some point in the near future.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    BSE all the way

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Otterbox!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

BSE all the way, it's affordable, durable and yea it's amazing.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

BSE's have never failed and are almost like nothing in on the device... protection from scratches and spills with no sacrifice at all

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

BSE FTW! I have a BSe for my old pearl, my new curve, my ipod and my girls ipod as well. I wouldn't recommend anything else to be honest. Cheap, easy to install, very reliable. :-)
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't really mean to dig up this thread, but I received my BodyGuardz in the mail today, and I finished putting it on my Pearl. I like the fact that it covers the sides. However, I do like the "feel" of the BestSkinsEver better. The edges on the BG are almost sharp. Application wasn't as easy as the BSE's, either. The BSE's have no tackiness when dry. The BG are sticky the moment they come off the sheet, and unless there is a liberal amount of liquid (more than I had on the BSE's, even by dunking them), they just didn't move around too easily. Also seems to have more tiny bubbles than the BSE's. I'll wait the 24 hours before making a final decision (since the bubbles should disappear by then), but I'm thinking about removing the front and back and putting BSE's back on those parts (especially the screen).

If the BSE's has some sort of side coverage, I could recommend them hand down without question. That still remains my only concern.

Edit: I should add that the BSE's were more closely matched to the contours and dimensions of the device, too. The BG's seem to have bigger gaps and don't quite follow some of the curves.
    Last edited by applejosh; 01-10-2008 at 10:01 PM.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3