Anybody know how to resolve this? ------ the issue: I just got a D-Link Bluetooth ... General Blackberry forum

t. sweet no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3007D896

Question Bluetooth to Blackberry Desktop Manager Issue...

Advertisement

Anybody know how to resolve this?
    ------

the issue:

I just got a D-Link Bluetooth Dongle (DBT-120) and I'm trying to connect it to my BB DM. I'm using v4.7 (but it doesn't work with v4.6, nor v4.5). The bluetooth works fine on the desktop, sending & receiving files, as well as connecting my BB for use as a modem. The only problem I have is when connecting to the DM for backing up, file transfer, et. al.

Basically, my DM does not offer the option to connect via bluetooth (as that option is always "grayed-out"), only via USB or "None". It's as if the DM does not recoginze that my bluetooth is connected.

Now, I've seen the posting that D-Link does not work with the BB DM, but I'm sure there's a back-end fix out there somewhere (i.e. whether is reconfiguring .inf files, or whatever).

Whatever you got, please feel free to chime in... thx.

T. Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by t. sweet View Post
    Anybody know how to resolve this?
    ------

the issue:

I just got a D-Link Bluetooth Dongle (DBT-120) and I'm trying to connect it to my BB DM. I'm using v4.7 (but it doesn't work with v4.6, nor v4.5). The bluetooth works fine on the desktop, sending & receiving files, as well as connecting my BB for use as a modem. The only problem I have is when connecting to the DM for backing up, file transfer, et. al.

Basically, my DM does not offer the option to connect via bluetooth (as that option is always "grayed-out"), only via USB or "None". It's as if the DM does not recoginze that my bluetooth is connected.

Now, I've seen the posting that D-Link does not work with the BB DM, but I'm sure there's a back-end fix out there somewhere (i.e. whether is reconfiguring .inf files, or whatever).

Whatever you got, please feel free to chime in... thx.

T. Sweet
    What BlackBerry Device /OS are you using? DM may be greying out the Bluetooth option if you have an older device - -

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Give this link a try it worked for me when I was having issues.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...top_sync-1374/

let us know if it works or not, if not we'll keep trouble shooting

PIN/ID
    3007D896
    Thanks for the replies... in haste I neglected to give full details of my device.

I have the 8830 (Worldphone - Verizon), OS version 4.2.2.196.
    I'm on a PC WinXP - SP. 2

------

I've also seen the linked post. I am using third party bluetooth software, so I have unistalled the software. After uninstalling, I just tried to plugin my dongle without installing it by disc. My PC finds that a bluetooth dongle is inserted & tries to apply a driver to it, but it doesn't take. Therefore, everytime I restart my cpu, I'm asked to find a driver for that device.

I was thinking if I could just get it to take, my BB DM options would be "ungrayed" so that I could check them... but no go.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by t. sweet; 12-07-2008 at 06:04 PM.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    I had an 8830 until just recently and was never able to get it to work with my Dell D600. I just looked through the link reddog posted. I'll have to look at it A LOT more closely since it's so long.

I believe my problem was the drivers being used on my built-in bluetooth chip.

Another issue I believe I recall was that if you have the correct drivers for syncing with DM, then those drivers won't work for bluetooth DUN (Dial up networking).

(True?)
    Last edited by woodi68; 12-08-2008 at 12:32 AM.

PIN/ID
    3007D896
    Thanks for checking-in.

I don't know about the DM vs. DUN-thing... but my D-Link works well for DUN, just not for DM. However, it also works well with transferring files "to" & "from".

I also believe it may be a driver issue as well, as I've read that WinXP needs to use it's own built-in drivers in order for DM to recognize my bluetooth dongle.

Thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~