[FONT=Arial]Hello, I was looking to find a bluetooth keyboard for my Blackberry Pear 8100. And ... General Blackberry forum

Raptor2384 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question Bluetooth keyboards for Blackberry

Advertisement

[FONT=Arial]Hello,
    I was looking to find a bluetooth keyboard for my Blackberry Pear 8100.
    And I was wondering if anyone had any info, on the best one around or any problems that they may of had in using one. I have been hearing good reviews on the: iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard...

Does anyone have any experience with this one? I greatly appreciate all your help.

Thanks,
    JJ[/FONT]

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I really want one too, but I can't justify spending about $100

It would be very nice though...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hey Raptor,

Just wanted to add. I just looked at some reviews of the specific one you mentioned (iGo ultra-slim), and after seeing the massive amount of positive reviews, and reading the few negatives ones (it turns out people say it doesn't work with specific devices, but even the negative ones claim how awesome this keyboard is), I just ended up buying a brand new one on Amazon for $40.

I hit 2 day shipping, so if you want to wait, I'll tell you what I think of it ones i get it.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm quite curious too. As nice as I find the keyboard of the curve, I'd still consider a bluetooth keyboard. I could pretty much leave the laptop home when traveling then. Wouldn't that be nice!

PIN/ID
    N/A

That was my thought too. I want to be able to travel without needing a laptop

Now if I could only find a nice ssh client that's not $100 (I am using midpssh but it sucks)

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Yeah when you get yours you should definately post a review on here. Because that sounds like a great piece of equipment to have. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hey Guys,

Just got it today. Initial thoughts:

WOW this thing is sexy. It is the slim-est keyboard I have ever seen. Only problem that seems to cause is when you hit the backspace keys, the left side kind of picks up. Other wise the whole thing is very nice and thin, and the case is very nice.

It did NOT come with a RIM driver. When you go to their support site, you can get: http://www.mobilityelectronics.com/s...27&ModelID=508
    It's the same package that's in one of the folders on the cd, but it ALSO includes the RIM driver.

The keyboard uses two AAA batteries. I can easily cary it in my pocket (of a jacket or sweatshirt) and it came with a very nice case which zips up completely and makes this even nicer.

Pairing to my device was easy.

I'll go play with it for a bit. I'll be back later and I'll post some pictures and limitations (if i find any).

-Ventz

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Last edited by mrmoe; 03-19-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Just found the online PDF manual specifically for RIM devices.

It's located here:

http://www.mobilityelectronics.com/s...0Manual_US.pdf

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Success! Works great!

So the trick was that I had to get the NEWEST desktop manager (from blackberry.net versus T-Mobile). The newest one recognized the ALX file, where as the old one didn't. The new one is 4.3, and the old was 4.2.2.

The stand that comes on top of the keyboard doubles as a PDA cradle (which I am very excited, because I have seido extended battery and no cradle fit). This brings me to the next point -- it's adjustable. There is a "long angle" and a "acute one". I personally prefer the acute one.

The only thing that bothers me so far is that when you get the bluetooth keyboard on, you can't use the PDA keyboard. Not to worry, just get a headset, and you won't have to put it near you and you can use the bluetooth keyboard.

I have basically turned my pda into a mini-computer with this. So far, I love it. I would highly recommend it. The only thing that was a pain was trying+failing to install it, and as soon as I got the newest Desktop Manger it worked without a problem.

More to come later.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Sorry for posting in so many pices and parts -- I am just very excited about how awsome this is. So, it turns out that you CAN use the pda keyboard while using this keyboard when it's properly connected. The trick is to leave the default option of "always" trying to reconnect. I had it set on 10 minutes before. The keyboard has tons of shortcuts which ALL work. Calendar, contacts, memo pad, tasks, inbox (this opens saved messages though), and others. The back key is a fun+tab key. The windows key works as the blackberry key.

One thing I do not like is that the delete key on the bottom right is RIGHT next to the right key. Kind of annoying.

Another interesting thing is that when you use the browser, shortcuts like 'g' for a website go works. But when you are inside the email client, the shortcuts like 'r' to reply doesn't work. This is the only strange thing.

I am currently using this keyboard, thus why my entry, although from my phone, is long.

I still can't believe how light and well put together this keyboard is. It's so dam slim. Also, the keys are fairly large for a "pda" keyboard. I've typed on laptop keyboards smaller than this.

I will try to write a review and post some pictures as soon as I get a chunk of free time, but for now -- I HIGHLY recomend this. Also, only amazon sells it for $40. Every other place has it for $85 - $120.

Hope this helps anyone looking into it.

dgduffy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DBE5D5

IGO keyboard

Just received and set up this keyboard - it works exactly as advertised, setup no problem, but I see from IGO site that it is discontinued - presumably this is why I could buy it for $40.

Raptor2384 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    That's awesome! Thanks again for your help, ventz. Looks like I am going to HAVE to get this keyboard after all. Great review.

JJ