So I've had this BB 8700c for awhile, and about 8 months ago when using ... General Blackberry forum

NemesysSRT no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth issues

Advertisement

So I've had this BB 8700c for awhile, and about 8 months ago when using it the bluetooth worked perfectly on it. Well a few weeks ago I got it back out and set it up again. However now I am having some issues with the bluetooth headsets. I was running version 4.1.x and would get about the first four or five seconds of the phone call over the headset before it would drop back to the phone. Today I updated it to 4.2.1.96 (2.3.0.79) hoping to fix the issue. Well now it no longer drops the bluetooth headset completely, but the conversation is very garbled over it, to the point where it is essentially useless. I have two headsets, a motorola and a samsung, both wich work perfectly on my V3r.

Any suggestions? I was thinking I might be able to completely reload the bluetooth software, or even totally wipe the BB and reload everything if I have to. Note that while this is an 8700c (Cingular / AT&T) it is unlocked and I am using T-Mobile, although I doubt this would make any difference.

Thanks for the help!

~NEm

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Bluetooth issues

Thanks but both those threads are about pairing the BB with a computer via bluetooth. I'm trying to resolve connection problems with the BB and a headset. It connects fine, just has horrible reception even when the phone is only a couple feet from the headset.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

What headset are you using??

Have you checked the settings and selected it to be trusted??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

A Samsung WEP410 and a Motorola, I forget the model number. Not trying to use both at the same time, just have tried both with the same results.

Yes they are set to trusted, I've tried them with the echo control on and off, and have tried encryption on and off with no results. It still is just mostly garbage coming out of the headset, you can catch about every other word. I do have 5 bars of signal and the conversations come out crystal clear on the BB itself.

I also just did a wipe of the unit which made no difference.

Thanks

Well I just noticed that the wipe didn't really do what I wanted, it just nuked all the user data. Is there a way to completely erase the ROM and reinstall the entire OS? Thanks

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hi NemesysSRT and Welcome to the Stacks, yes you can wipe your device using JL Cmder:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452

Then just reload your OS using DM.

Let us know if you need any further help with your BB and sorry you are having issues with your bluetooth. Could possibly be a corrupted or defective bluetooth device as well, you might want to try
    testing it on another phone if available just to see if the same issue persists if possible.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Thank you!! As soon as I get back home I'll give it a whirl. I've used both headsets on my V3r without any problems. And the BT used to work on my BB but just recently started having problems.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^YW....good luck with it and let us know if you need further help once you get started
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Well no such luck. Completely wiped and reinstalled the BB and the bluetooth is still junk, can't use any headsets I've tried. They all act the same, about half the time its just static the other half you get the conversation. Again all these headsets work fine on my RAZR.

Any suggestions?