I'm trying to send files over the bluetooth to another BB phone. We see each ... General Blackberry forum
I'm trying to send files over the bluetooth to another BB phone. We see each other, but cannot send. Can anyone help me with this problem???
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ what is your carrier or your friend's carrier? If it is verizon, they block sending files over bluetooth.
yea bluetooth services are limited by each devices carrier.
I always hve trouble with RIM devices doing bluetooth transfers. You have to be a device expert almost to do this. I wish it were simple, say like on Moto Razors.
I know it works on AT&T. The trick is that the receiving phone has to go to whatever the destination for the file is (e.g. ringtones, video, pics, music, etc.) and then select "Receive Using Bluetooth" from the menu. At that point, the sender can send the the item.
Of course, both phones should already be able to see/recognize each other.
My friend and I are on AT&T.
Just make sure you are sending vi bluetooth and receiving via bluetooth.
Originally Posted by wolfpackrune
Directions are in the 8300 or 8100 forums under the MUST READ sticked thread near the top. In there you should find a link to a Mini FAQ common issues thread.
I know this has already been explained by ewvarn above, but I'll give you all the detailed version, in case any of you missed something and/or didn't quite understand anything...
Originally Posted by ewvarn
In a nutshell, BlackBerry devices are designed to be somewhat more "secure" with regards to bluetooth, and as such there are a few extra steps that need to be taken when sending/receiving files via bluetooth.
PAIRING THE DEVICES
Firstly, you'll need to "pair" the devices, which is basically a fancy way of saying "create a friendship" between the two devices...
* Make sure both devices have bluetooth switched-on and are "visible".
* Head over to the bluetooth settings on your BlackBerry to "pair" the two devices: Menu-->Options-->Bluetooth-->Menu-->Add Device.
* One of the devices will almost certainly ask for a code - this is a numeric code of your choosing, and it can be whatever you want it to be...
* You will need to enter the same code on the other device, however you usually only need to enter this during the initial "pairing".
* If you plan to regularly swap files between the two devices, you can add your friend's device to your "trusted" list: Menu-->Options-->Bluetooth-->your friend's device-->Menu-->Device Properties-->Trusted-->Yes.
* Once you've "paired" the two devices, activate the ability to receive incoming files on your BlackBerry: Menu-->Media-->Menu-->Receive Using Bluetooth.
* Use the other device to send the file (if it's also a BlackBerry, see below...).
* Your BlackBerry will ask you to name the file and where you want to store it.
* The file will then be sent to your BlackBerry.
* Go into the media menu and find the file you want to send: Menu-->Media-->Menu-->Explore-->Media Card-->BlackBerry--> or Menu-->Media-->Menu-->Explorer-->Device Memory-->
* Proceed to send the file: Menu-->Send Using Bluetooth.
* Select your friend's device from the list.
If I've missed anything or there's something you all didn't understand, please let us know...
Originally Posted by wolfpackrune
you have to check the services that are listed in your bluetooth properties. it might have been disabled by your carrier
i appicate for everyones help. I'm a new with bb. thanks!!!
Tags for this Thread