can't find out... General Blackberry forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

Question does all the bluetooth gps receivers 4 BB have monthly fee

Advertisement

can't find out
    Last edited by yozpalang; 05-01-2008 at 01:12 AM.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    If you have internal GPS on your Blackbhttp://www.facebook.com/home.phperry, or even an external bluetooth GPS receiver, then you can use BBMaps or Google maps with the GPS for free. Some programs, like telenav and such are offered for a monthly subscription.

Lemme know if that answers your question.

Yes but now I have one more are they going to be like normal gps I mean will they exactly show where you are az you move ? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    if your using bb maps, google, or live search they work pretty well and show pretty much exactly where you are on the map but they don't have voice guided directions live telenav,, personally i think that's a rip of 10+ dollars a month for that service.

How good are they asfar as receiving signals do you know? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    As long as you have a clear view of the sky, you're good to go. It's not like cell phone coverage that can get spotty in areas.

All right thank you ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kemtek.1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the BB Curve 8300, no built-in GPS, on AT&T service. I have an external Bluetooth 'puck' (GlobalSat BT-368i). It works fine with the free Google Maps mobile. It took some experimenting to finally get it all working together, but now does just what it should. I know there are other free programs I can run on my BB, and might get one of them (see the Pinstack Forum 'BlackBerry GPS' for more info). I would use BB Maps if AT&T did not block it and I can't see paying $10 per month for their service that requires data downloads for the maps (therefore no maps when I leave cell phone coverage) - I will be buying a self-contained GPS for my car.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've tried using the internal gps on google maps, would not recommend that as it'll tell me my location is 1.5 miles away, but I know that if you sync up a gps keychain, you'll have no problems and no fees...

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Telenav---though if you dotn have cell service does cut out---but it "remembers" your route....it will say "Out of cell serviec" and then continue as if it didn't have an issue.

I have no probs paying for it. You get what you pay for. All the free GPS devices that I have tried (that have turn by turn directions because that's what I want)...had horrid user interfaces and were just poorly put together....so, hey, I want a good quick interface that can route me according to traffic---I have no problems paying for it!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    if you wait for the right time you can sometimes get a few months of free service on some of those...right now I'm sitting on 1 year of free telenav service, but I don't have real gps yet...signed up for it when I had the chance cause I plan on getting a keychain gps soon and didn't feel like paying once I got it...