At first, my bluetooth worked fine. But then it suddenly quit working. I can still ... General Blackberry forum

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7

Bluetooth Connection

Advertisement

At first, my bluetooth worked fine. But then it suddenly quit working. I can still send ringtones and pictures by Bluetooth, I just can't receive anything. It will say I'm connected to the other phone, but then says on the other phone it will say "unable to connect." I just upgraded a few days ago to .55 hoping that would fix it, but still no. Also, I have a bluetooth headset that was paired to a motorola razr, is there any way that I can pair it to my Curve even if I don't have the razr anymore?
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    Yes, you can pair your bluetooth headset to your Curve. When receiving media files via bluetooth make sure to go to your media application in the device, go to the type of media you want to receive, press the menu key and select receive using bluetooth.

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Ooooh yeah, I had forgotten about going to the media section! How do I connect the headset? It won't recognize it...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    Ooooh yeah, I had forgotten about going to the media section! How do I connect the headset? It won't recognize it...
    Make sure your BB is discoverable. Can you get the headset into pairing mode?

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I don't know if I even can put the headset into pairing mode... I can't find my instruction manual and all I know is that it is something like a "motorola h500" or something like that...

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    To put the headset into pairing mode: Hold down the answer key until the light goes solid (when the light is solid, it is ready to be paired). After doing so, use the blackberry to search for the headset, you should be able to pair without any problems

Turn the headset off, then press and hold the call button for 6 to 10 seconds until the blue indicator light turns on and stays steadily lit.

Once that occurs, you can go into Bluetooth on your device, press the BB menu button and select Add Device. Should then find the H500.

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Ok great! Thanks, it works now! I've been trying to figure that out for like a year! Then I just realized that I could ask here and I knew I would get a quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    Ok great! Thanks, it works now! I've been trying to figure that out for like a year! Then I just realized that I could ask here and I knew I would get a quick response!
    DOH! Glad we could be of assistance!